At Dawn Question

Started by Eamonn, Aug 01, 2005, 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn

I just downloaded and listened to At Dawn for the first time and wow what a great album!

But can someone tell me whether the hidden instrumental track after strangulation is supposed to cut off so abruptly? I have checked the track times off with sites like allmusic and the hiiden track clocks in at 3:08 which is what I have as well. Does this happen on everybody elses version? Maybe it's because I downloaded it (I will be buying the cd btw)... or did they mean to do that... it just seems a strange place to finish the song.

Jellyfish

It's not just your copy...everyone's does that.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

tomEisenbraun

Haha, I love that part. I was sitting in my car talking to my girlfriend (who is quite slowly but surely being Jacketeered) and At Dawn was on, and the instrumental track was playing, which it could do ad infinitum, and then it just quits. And I started laughing so we checked it out and it just quits, which is genius.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

rmwehner

darkglow

that hidden track lays me down to sleep after listening to that whole mindblowing album.. genious indeed. strangulation gets my blood pumping to the brink and then that instrumental just kinda puts me back down on earth gently

EC

Quotethat hidden track lays me down to sleep after listening to that whole mindblowing album.. genious indeed. strangulation gets my blood pumping to the brink and then that instrumental just kinda puts me back down on earth gently
Beautiful.  

tomEisenbraun

It's weird, but when I listen to I needed it Most, I keep thinking that it will turn into the instrumental track. I think the instrumental probably grew out of I Needed It Most.

That said, Strangulation is a beautiful interruption, but these two songs should be back to back, I think i may rearrange em in my iTunes and try it out.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.