Your Favorite MMJ Song?

Started by mickeyreds, May 19, 2005, 02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

SMc55

Ooooh, difficult one. Different songs for different moods. It would have to be Phone Went West. Or The Way That He Sings. Or Hopefully. Oh dear, and that's just one album. Too hard  ::)

EC

(I thought yours was Run Thru, dith! ÊThat's the one that I always associate with you.)

I don't know if I can play this game, either.  For a looooong time it was Golden.  And then Bermuda Highway.  Lately it's been Mahgeetah and Run Thru.  

Yeah.  Can't pick.  One?  That's insane.

SMc55

Oh yeah, that one as well. Mainly because I'm often found saying Oh shit, run  ;)

EC

Is that because you find yourself in the ghetto quite frequently?  :)

SMc55

More like up shit creak  ;)

sweatboard

As of right now I think "Steam Engine" is my favorite song they've done.  The last verse might be the most vivid and beautiful picture ever painted in my head by a song.
There's Still Time.........

EC

QuoteAs of right now I think "Steam Engine" is my favorite song they've done.  The last verse might be the most vivid and beautiful picture ever painted in my head by a song.
(shakey knees kills me.  man.)

primushead

I'm a sucker for sooner...it just puts me in a good mood.  Lowdown would be another.

darkglow

i will sing you songs.. or lowdown.. or run thru.. or one big holiday just because i get all pumped up at the beginning part.. bermuda highway has been my ringtone for a long while now.. really like that one too..

..shit, you know, what kind of question is this to ask a bunch of mmj junkies? my mind just went through mental gymnastics trying to answer this question.

SmoothOprtr

Ditto exactly what sweatboard said about Steam Engine ...

I really like One Big Holiday and Come Closer too though...
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

kymoose

Toss up between "death is the easy/sleazy way," "strangulation," or "old september blues."

October

Steam Engine, most definitely.

Although so many others are amazing.  One Big Holiday was the first song of theirs I heard. Amazing.

utonynashm

EC

Quote"death is the easy/sleazy way"

I will ONLY hear that from now on.  (Which is rather awesome.)  :D

all my life is obscene

oh man it's a toughy...

at dawn was my first mmj album, and i really latched on to "the way that he sings" right away...still one of my favorites

although i definitely also love "if all else fails" and "steam engine" (seeing this at the return to thunderdome show was life changing)

can't pick a definite favorite, but those three are some of the top ones
Music is my savior
I was maimed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
I was tamed by rock and roll
I got my name from rock and roll
-Tweedy

Chills

I Think I'm Going To Hell is really growing on me, especially the 'devils and demons are coming' part.
For favorite song, maybe Steam Engine?

RGleason

My five in no particular order

The Bear
Bermuda Highway
Lowdown
I Will Sing You Songs
At Dawn

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

inertiatic_jpc