Main Menu

DONDANTE

Started by darkglow, Aug 27, 2005, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkglow

i dont know who this guy is but this song is seriously probably the best song i've ever heard, by any band.

dondante dondante dondante dondante dondante!

it rolls off your tongue so smoothly when you say it fast like that.. i think they purposely named it dondante so people would chant it in unison like that at the live shows.

i'm sorry for the rambling.. natural light (also known as financial light) and canadian whiskey do not mix well.

EC

I'm pretty excited to hear the record version of this.  I'm not entirely convinced that it could beat my NC experience, but we'll see...  

sweatboard

My friend e-mailed me one night at like 2:30 in the morning just to tell me how much he appreciated me turning me onto the band and how glorious Dondante is.  I think it's one of those songs that you can get lost in and when you surface from it you feel like you've been visited by a higher power(especially if your a little buzzed ;)).  I felt like the other night listening to Phone WentWest from the Denton, TX show 2002, Then Jim follows P.W.W with a solo version of Tyrone and finally a beautiful solo acoustic performance of Bermuda HWY. to close the show.........WOW :o - That's my favorite smiley.
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

QuoteI'm pretty excited to hear the record version of this.  I'm not entirely convinced that it could beat my NC experience, but we'll see...  

I think the studio version is great but Dondante takes it to the next level when they play it live.  
There's Still Time.........

EC

QuoteI think the studio version is great but Dondante takes it to the next level when they play it live.  
Yeah, I just remember watching all of them get into it so deep, and then Jim just wringing the fuck out of it.  whew.

Chills

YOU HAD ME WORRIED!!!!

Instant classic for sure.

Hey EC were you at the Cat's Cradle show that's on Archive. org? Damn cool show that is. Gotta love the ultra-rock distortion at the end of One Big Holiday.
And I just love all the new tracks on these live shows, Lay Low, Off The Record etc... Sweet stuff

greasy

I think the studio version is great but Dondante takes it to the next level when they play it live.  

yeah, but the sound quality is absolute shit, and it's hard as fuck to hear the intro vocals.

EC

QuoteYOU HAD ME WORRIED!!!!

Instant classic for sure.

Hey EC were you at the Cat's Cradle show that's on Archive. org? Damn cool show that is. Gotta love the ultra-rock distortion at the end of One Big Holiday.
And I just love all the new tracks on these live shows, Lay Low, Off The Record etc... Sweet stuff
Yep.  I was there.  It was incredible.  

And I agree with greasy that the recording makes it hard to hear the beginning.  However, the beginning is very quiet so it maybe wasn't the recorder's fault.  

Chills

Yep.  I was there.  It was incredible.  

And I agree with greasy that the recording makes it hard to hear the beginning.  However, the beginning is very quiet so it maybe wasn't the recorder's fault.  

The recording isn't perfect. And there seems to be a lot of talking going on as well.
But there is still the excellent Bonnaroo recording!

marktwain

QuoteI'm pretty excited to hear the record version of this.  

I second that!  This song is so frigging great.  I've just been listening to the live versions i have over and over...

EC

QuoteI second that!  This song is so frigging great.  I've just been listening to the live versions i have over and over...
tundra!!  Hi tundra! :)

Yeah, I've listened to it.  But only a few times.  Oddly enough, I save it only for times when I can just sit and really listen.  :)  

Jellyfish

This song has slowly become one of my fav Jacket songs ever.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

whothrewthecake

i've only heard the live versions of this song, but it's slowly creeping up on steam engine closing-your-eyes-and-dreaming territory for me.

tomEisenbraun

oh man, this is right up there with steam engine on the "hloy crap, am i not payign attention to the road?" category. I find that by the end of Steam Engine, I'm always singing "is all the proof you neeeeeeed ooooohhhhhhoooooooh   LADIDIDA DUM LA DEE DEE DA DUMM" at the top of my throat and being seriously moved by it.

Which is bad for driving.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.