Z is definitely Mastered

Started by gunsnro857, Jul 22, 2005, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunsnro857

I've only heard one song from the new album, Wordless Chorus and I would say that it is mastered.  Anyone who is expecting a new mastered version to come out of the album is going to be very disapointed.  I've been getting early leaked albums from all kinds of bands for years now.  Sometimes even earlier than 3 months in advance and they are just about always the final cut.  Just from hearing Wordless Chorus I don't know what makes anyone think that it's unmastered.  Plus it is sometimes very difficult to even hear the difference in a mastered and unmastered album.

darkglow

one song and you know about the whole record?

gunsnro857

Yea one song.  Thats all I needed to hear to tell that it's mastered.  Are you gonna tell me one song could be mastered and the rest of the album isn't?  It doesn't matter.  You'll all find out that the album you've been listening to now will be the same exact version released in October.

aMillionDreams

no one knows for sure if it's mastered or not unless they are the one who leaked it.  (Slight spoiler alert, although it's about a song they've been playing in concert).
If you were to hear don dante you may be singing a different tune. The volume change from the quiet part to the loud seems too drastic to be a mastered version. However, I agree that the difference between a mastered and unmastered copy of almost any recording is so slight that only people with recording / mastering experience would really hear the difference. However, my copy of Wordless Chorus cuts off early which is enough for me to still very excited about the release date still.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

kjm

you guys are clueless. it is most definitely the same exact thing that you will be able to buy in October, you'll see

plank10

Why does everyone think this is an unmastered copy?

kjm

because some "genius" came in on the other thread and said it wasn't, that's it.

trust me, the copy is the final thing. my friend works at Spin and they got the actual thing in a week or two before the leak occured, and she listened to the leaked version and it is in fact the exact same thing. their copy had temporary artwork though, as it wasn't finished yet.

Crazy Monkey

That's funny because one o the bandmembers said it wasn't the final master

Did your friend @ Spin like it?

t.k.

Split EP
Track 2
Do you really have that old time feeling?  :-*

chunt983

ya, I think the leaked version is also the mastered version myself...and it sounds good, so why complain...people are expecting so much more, which they are not going to get.

patrickhallahan

ahhhh, here to clean up another one of the forum "messes."

the cursed "leak" was something we had to shove off to the press quickly, and has since been mastered a number of times to jim and john leckie's specifications.

--patrick hallahan
i can pretend like they're spiders all tangled up in my web.....

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

October

Quoteahhhh, here to clean up another one of the forum "messes."

the cursed "leak" was something we had to shove off to the press quickly, and has since been mastered a number of times to jim and john leckie's specifications.

--patrick hallahan

SCORE.

peanut butter puddin surprise

once again, the players outnumber the haters.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

tomEisenbraun

High fives!

I don't know why thi makes me excited to hear that from Patrick, but it makes me feel more rewarded for waiting. I said it once, but I ain't hearin it unless its on vinyl.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

fitzcarraldo

aMillionDreams

Quoteahhhh, here to clean up another one of the forum "messes."

--patrick hallahan

Good thing I don't like to gloat, because a lot people would be hearing it right now.  But it's all good, someone on this thread already called me a genius (who's being sarcastic now!) ;D
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

chunt983

ok i'm an idiot...but hey, i still think what I got to hear sounded awesome, and now i'm ten times more excited for the OFFICIAL album. sorry I doubted any of you, I was a fool

SMc55

Quoteok i'm an idiot...but hey, i still think what I got to hear sounded awesome, and now i'm ten times more excited for the OFFICIAL album. sorry I doubted any of you, I was a fool

You were just as likely to be right as anybody else, I guess.

kjm

i've got a retail copy of this now, and it's missing the track clicks (which i figured were not on the final anyway)

but it doesn't sound THAT much different at all to be honest.

what little extra mastering they did was fairly minor, and won't be very noticeable.