MMJ - My Space EXCLUSIVE!

Started by LaurieBlue, Sep 06, 2005, 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

Holy smokes - let's watch the numbers climb now..

They're on the Main MySpace.com page now.  OMG.  This is exciting - even though it's somewhat scary now that "the secret's out"..know what I mean?

http://www.myspace.com/

My Morning Jacket
Rock / Acoustic / Indie
Louisville, Kentucky

Wanting "a record that grooved and swung without imitating classic soul," MMJ singer Jim James emerges from his hazy trademark reverb with "Off the Record," a most lucid take on the 'Jacket standard.

corey

Cool.
Does anyone know who actually runs their MySpace page? I assume that it's someone from the label.

realdeal

thats old news. they already posted that song a month ago but then took it off by th end of day.

jim sounds like he just got kicked in the nuts.

EC

Quotethats old news. they already posted that song a month ago but then took it off by th end of day.

jim sounds like he just got kicked in the nuts.
I think maybe Laurie meant that they were being advertised as a band to check out on the main homepage...

Plus, fuck realdeal.  Sometimes I don't know if you're just a sarcastic guy or what, but why are you always saying such crappy things?  I'm not saying that you can't have your opinion, or that you can't express yourself, I just don't understand why you feel the need to do it the way you do.

The end.

LaurieBlue

I think maybe Laurie meant that they were being advertised as a band to check out on the main homepage....

I did - thanks! :-).  I realized they actually rotate the bands there so if you go in and refresh a couple of times I'm sure they'll show up.  

Laurie

primushead

I think maybe Laurie meant that they were being advertised as a band to check out on the main homepage...

Plus, fuck realdeal.  Sometimes I don't know if you're just a sarcastic guy or what, but why are you always saying such crappy things?  I'm not saying that you can't have your opinion, or that you can't express yourself, I just don't understand why you feel the need to do it the way you do.

The end.

Yes, but realdeal belongs to a race of robots...so i guess we can let the crappy things slide.  
Signed,
Humanoid

DD

myspace is now owned by fox broadcasting.  the guy who started it, tom, just sold it but remains the head of it and alledgely fox has said they wont fuck with it.

ive been on myspace for a long time.  there are a SHITLOAD of great underground and mainstream bands on there.  my band will be doing a double song exlusive myspace release in a few weeks (once i can coordinate getting in there to finish the vocals).  that place is GREAT if you are in a band for networking with other bands.  even if your not though its a fun place to find like minded people.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails