New MMJ CD is Copy-Controlled?!?!?!

Started by mieler217, Sep 16, 2005, 03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

hahaha,

yeah. The OC is some terrible sex-laden teenage soap opera which, for some reason, almost everybody my age loves. It's actually pretty pathetic.

BUT, not as pathetic as copy-controlled CD's.

aMD, we finally agree on something. Except that compilation discs full of rare cover tunes kick royal ass.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tdan

It's not the OC, but there is a new crime drama coming on ABC this fall called "In Justice".  My wife got to bring home preview DVDs of their new fall lineup and mid-season replacements earlier this summer.  We watched all of them and this one happened to be the best.  Did I mention that they used "One Big Holiday" between scenes of the premier episode?
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

McGuire

I don't mind the whole copy thing but I better be able to get this on my i-pod or else... SUCK.
All right, all right I'll ask her. Miss, miss! Do you know where the high school girls hang out around here? What? What? That's right, I'm the asshole! I'm the asshole!

tomEisenbraun

welll, see... the way to get around it is to buy it on iTunes and then burn it, then re-import it and voila, no protection.

dragonboy

I'm not sure what exactly to say about it;  I'm all about live music trading, which isn't burdened with protection (if band approved), but I've got some mixed feelings about copyright protection per se.  I can't decide if "owning" a CD means I can do whatever with it-including offering it up to trade with 100000000 other folks.

Just because the world does it, doesn't mean it's right.  Feel free to flame away, I'm just on the fence about this.

I have no intention of trading with anyone else.

Like I posted before, I want to have an original copy because I'm a CD collector & I want to be able to put it on my MP3 player because I need music with me all the time but I can't do that if the CD is copy-controlled.

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

Quotewelll, see... the way to get around it is to buy it on iTunes and then burn it, then re-import it and voila, no protection.
Voila, no coverwork.  :(

cmasters

I think the last Dave Matthews Band album was copy protected and I was able to get it onto my computer... so yeah, thats that...

ps. that new DMB album really isnt that great

tomEisenbraun

Voila, no coverwork. Ê:(

well...i already bought the physical album. i guess i'm ok with buying it twice

EC

well...i already bought the physical album. i guess i'm ok with buying it twice
Eisey, you're good dude.  :)

Nikkogino

did we ever figure out if the leaked album was finished (mastered, etc.)  If so, you all can just obtain this album from those of us who have it (to put onto itunes, make copies), and that way you bought the album and have it on your mp3 player as well.

EC

The leaked album was not the finished mastered Z that will be released on the 4th.

:)

sideroad32

I'm sure there will be a way around the copy protection there always is...

some copy controlled CDs can be ripped into iTunes but not with other programs, so this could be the same way.  Or there might be a patch you can get to defeat the copy control, I've seen those before.