Main Menu

I Have Z !!!

Started by dragonboy, Sep 22, 2005, 04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

After a no show from amazon.co.jp  >:(  I went to HMV today to find a whole shelf of Japanese Z's with their own listening post!!!

I know that a lot of people will want to wait & find out for themselves but I also know that some people are looking for any new news that they can get!

I don't want to be a prick & spoil any ones fun, therefore I'm letting you know in advance - my next post on the same thread will feature some spoilers for those who are itching for more info.
Those who aren't leave now...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

*****Spoilers*****

The inlay booklet is beautiful! (but I still think At Dawn is my fav!)
It has 15 pages and features various paintings, drawings & sketches from different artists most featuring a representation of Z. Get this - graphic design by Danny Cash!

The booklet contains clearly written lyrics for all 10songs.

No photos of the band in the booklet, one new picture on the CD tray (very cool/erie shot red & black all band members waist up)

The CD itself is round (just fucking with ya!) & has 2 very cute pandas on it.

M. Ward plays guitar & sings on Into the Woods
Andrew Bird whistles on Gideon.

The 2 grasshoppers seen in some reviews are on the back cover.

Japanese copy has Chills as a bonus track.

Too soon to write about the music/fav songs etc.

I will say 2 things at this early stage:

1. The keyboards are very prominent & stand out more so than on previous releases.

2. Z has a much more, rock-ier (dare I say!) pop-ier feel to it than previous releases. It has a very upbeat feel to it.

Of course, I fucking love it!!!
 ;D

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMillionDreams

How exciting!  A new version of Chills!?!  It is the same song as on the At Dawn demos right? ;D
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

dragonboy

Jim is Cap'n Goodies!  ;D

dragonboy

Tommy - Todd
Patrick - Phyllis Philsom
Carl - Kyle Bramble
Bo - Bart Koosler

dragonboy

My wife is busy translating the Japanese booklet.

The writer states that MMJ were his third fav live band at fuji-rock 2005 (no mention of who his 1st & 2nd were!) & tells the fans to go see Elizabethtown...

dragonboy

He also begs them to come back to Japan soon!!!
( actually that's me!  ;)  )

Nikkogino

Hey, did you listen to the leaked version????  If so, is it the same as the album, or does it sound better.  Thanks!

dragonboy

I didn't & won't in the future have anything to do with any leaked copies man!!!
Can't help you out, sorry :-/

Nikkogino

QuoteI didn't & won't have anything to do with any leaked copies man!!!
Can't help you out, sorry  :-/

I don't have any problem with it since I will buy the album the day it comes out.  I also have been telling everyone I know about the band.  

On the topic of the album, how do you like "into the woods"?
That song is bad ass.

dragonboy

Sorry Nik - I feel strongly about staying away from illegal copies, trades, downloads & such like regardless of whether you intend to buy the original or not but I know this has been done to death elsewhere...

In answer to your question, what worries me the most is the fact that there isn't a single track I don't already like or love!

This, for me, is usually a sign that I will grow tired of the music quickly, which scares the hell out of me because it's MMJ!

CDs that take a while to get into are usually the stickers for me...I'm hoping this is an exception to the rule because I like all the tracks including Into The Woods.

dragonboy

Knot comes Loose is very Neil Young, no?

Jellyfish

QuoteKnot comes Loose is very Neil Young, no?

Yes.

The copy you have sounds much better than the leaked version.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

dragonboy

I thought of you when I posted that Jellyfish!
Can't wait for Prairie Wind.