Louisville Listening Party

Started by jacksoncooper, Sep 23, 2005, 07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Holy crap that's f.u.n.

Good organizzzzzational extravaganzzzzzza!!  

kymoose

Folks this is truly rad!  Not only do we have the St. James Art Fair this weekend and tailgating at the Pizza Bowl--but, we have not one but two incredible listening parties.  This is going to be special indeed.  Thanks for setting this up jacksoncooper and conaway!

antoniostrohs

Man I wish I could make both parties,but my wife doesn't get home in time to get to the Outlook Inn by 6pm.So we'll definitely be at Cahoots at 8.Thanks to both of you guys for stepping and organizing these events. MMJ fans are the best!

peanut butter puddin surprise

I was going to have the lovely Miss Amelia Claire make a celebrity guest appearance, but 8 pm. is her bedtime so she'll be snoozing under the watchful eye of a babysitter whilst me and mrsjohnconaway drink ourselves silly to the total awesomeness that is Z.

MMJ+bourbon+cigs+fans=heaven

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

QuoteI was going to have the lovely Miss Amelia Claire make a celebrity guest appearance, but 8 pm. is her bedtime so she'll be snoozing under the watchful eye of a babysitter whilst me and mrsjohnconaway drink ourselves silly to the total awesomeness that is Z.

MMJ+bourbon+cigs+fans=heaven

YAAAYYY!!!  Date with yer wife!!!   :)

YAAAYYY!!!  Date with yer wife!!!   :)

before I hit quote and saw "date" I thought you had typed something else... ;)

yieldgirl

QuoteOk folks, here's the scoop:

I just got back from the Outlook Inn.  They will be happy to host our listening party next Friday (Sept. 30), and we will have control of the stereo from 6pm until 8pm.  That's time enough to play the full album twice, if I'm not mistaken.

So, any Louisville Jacket-fans of legal drinking age feel free to stop by.  Everyone's favorite Outlook bartender, Caroline, will be serving the drinks.

What: Louisville Pre-Release 'Z' Listening Party
When: Friday, Sept 30th from 6-8
Where: The Outlook Inn: 916 Baxter Ave. Louisville

I hope to see you there,
Jackson

damn, I just saw this. Hmm, I might be able to swing this since I'm only an hour away in Lexington.  If not, I'll be at the Palace Nov 23!!!
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,

aMillionDreams

see ya'll there!  What a great excuse to bar hop on BTR!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

sploshette_moxy

i have a silly question. how come there is two listening parties in the same city on the same street nearly on the same block?  and at the same time and same day?  why didnt you have one massive listening party?  i'll probably go to both, but i was just wonderin....

jeremy

jacksoncooper

Quotewhy didnt you have one massive listening party?

Well, basically they asked two people, John and myself, to host listening parties.  I don't know about John, but I only heard that they picked me late last week, so this coming weekend was the only option for me.  I decided to go with Friday at the Outlook, and Friday turned out to be the best day for John as well.

I suppose that with a little more time and advance planning, we might have spread things out a little more to maximize the number of folks that could make it out.  But as it is, we've got back-to-back listening parties.

I hope that plenty of people are able to get out to both.  It should be a really good time.

jacksoncooper

Remember folks, it's Listening Party Friday!

6-8 pm @ The Outlook Inn

8 pm @ Cahoots

Come on out, hear the new album, say hello to some of your fellow MMJ fans.  It's a party, and you are invited.

marktwain

If I can ever escape this island and this damn polar bear I'm there.   Right after I sell some drugs to Larry David.

primushead

QuoteIf I can ever escape this island and this damn polar bear I'm there.   Right after I sell some drugs to Larry David.

:)

marktwain

Well, all my friends are working or have punked out for tonight.  So if you see a fat guy drinking alone, say hi!

[fuck, where's the pathetic fat guy smiley?!]

Oh, here it is -->[smiley=elvis.gif]

EC

QuoteWell, all my friends are working or have punked out for tonight.  So if you see a fat guy drinking alone, say hi!

[fuck, where's the pathetic fat guy smiley?!]

Oh, here it is -->[smiley=elvis.gif]

You know Tony and John!!  They'll be there!!

A great big bourbon hoist to everyone who came out last night...so very hungover today....

you guys rawk!  great seeing everyone groovin' on Z.  

antoniostrohs

I sure had a good time! It was nice to meet some of the great MMJ family. Jacket fans are the coolest in the world and I'm lucky just to have met a few of them last night.Thanks to John and Jackson for being great hosts. Also many thanks to The Jacket for providing us with such killer new songs to enjoy!  The new disc is just fucking great!!!

jacksoncooper

Yes, it was a very good time indeed.  Thanks again to all the folks who made it out.  It was good to meet you all face-to-face.

We'll have to do it again sometime.  At the very least, I think many of us will be sitting near eachother at the Palace in November.  So, if I don't see you before, I'll see you there.

Jackson

kymoose

Thanks again for putting that on jackson and conaway.  It was great meeting you cats--see you all at the Palace.