Louisville Listening Party

Started by jacksoncooper, Sep 23, 2005, 07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacksoncooper

Hello there Jacket Fans.

I got a call last night informing me that I was tasked with organizing a Louisville Listening Party.  It is an honor and a responsibility that I will gladly accept.

I will get the packet with all the details on Saturday, but I want to go ahead and start the organization now.  I need to know who might be interested in participating.  I have a decent-sized apartment, but if we're talking about more than 15 or so people, I will need to find another location.

If any of you are interested, please contact me.  I want to have the party next weekend sometime, either Friday, Sept. 30 or Saturday, Oct. 1.  If you are interested, let me know which day would be best for you.

Also, I was thinking that we could maybe host the listening party in a public place, like maybe a bar.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a friendly venue?  I could talk to the Outlook Inn to see if they'd let us take over for a couple of hours.  I know they are MMJ-friendly.

Regards,
Jackson Cooper

marktwain

I'm interested! Friday is best for me, but it doesn't make much difference.

The Rudyard Kipling may be a good place.  The website says they have bands both nights at 10, but maybe before...?  I'd offer my backyard, but my in-laws will be in town.

tomEisenbraun

oh man, how long of a drive is it from Nashville to Kentucky?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Quoteoh man, how long of a drive is it from Nashville to Kentucky?

Get your heart to draw a line...

peanut butter puddin surprise

Awesome!

I too will be having a listening party.  I will keep you posted with details as I am working out a place/time/date to have it.  Jackson, seems like I remember having one with you at 3rd Ave. Cafe just yesterday, right? :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

jacksoncooper

It does feel like it was just yesterday.

I'm glad there's going to be more than one listening party in Louisville.  I was wondering about that.  Let's be sure to coordinate so that folks can go to both, if they want.

sure thing!  i'll let you know once i've got it all squared away.  

eric4ul

Hey count me in!  Either day would be fine for me.

hey, if you are interested, send Jackson or myself or both a PM with some contact info on ya, so that we can have it available when we're all set up.  cool.

aMillionDreams

The BBC is a cool bar and jacket friendly, although they usually have something going on saturdays.  Clifton's maybe?  Just a few ideas.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

jacksoncooper

I love the BBC, and I'm there every Wednesday night for the Bluegrass jam, but I don't think that would be a good environment for a listening party.

I am going to stop by The Outlook Inn tonight to see if they are up for it.  It's usually deserted in there before 9, so I think they'd be glad to have the business.

I'll update this thread and send out info to anyone who PM's me once I have firm details.

Jackson

jacksoncooper

Ok folks, here's the scoop:

I just got back from the Outlook Inn.  They will be happy to host our listening party next Friday (Sept. 30), and we will have control of the stereo from 6pm until 8pm.  That's time enough to play the full album twice, if I'm not mistaken.

So, any Louisville Jacket-fans of legal drinking age feel free to stop by.  Everyone's favorite Outlook bartender, Caroline, will be serving the drinks.

What: Louisville Pre-Release 'Z' Listening Party
When: Friday, Sept 30th from 6-8
Where: The Outlook Inn: 916 Baxter Ave. Louisville

I hope to see you there,
Jackson

EC

I am there in spirit.  

What's the Outlook Inn close to?  Just so I can picture it?

aMillionDreams

the outlook is in the heart of the bardstown/baxter district.  It's clost to Wick's, Molly Malone, the Cheba Hut, Flaningans, and all that stuff.  I think it's claim-to-fame for the area is having the nicest bathrooms of just about any bar you''ll go to.  I'll probably drop by and say hi.  Are there going to be any door prizes or freebies?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

EC

Quotethe outlook is in the heart of the bardstown/baxter district.  It's clost to Wick's, Molly Malone, the Cheba Hut, Flaningans, and all that stuff.  I think it's claim-to-fame for the area is having the nicest bathrooms of just about any bar you''ll go to.  
Ahhhhh yes.  Nice. :)

I'm also leaning towards Friday, Sept. 30th...location yet to be determined.  Gonna have that squared up tomorrow...and of course everyone is welcome at both parties, so come on down (wherever it might be)

c'mon Meg, surely you recall the Outlook Inn??! ;)

jacksoncooper

Alright folks, I just got the package from the FedEx guy.  I have the album, a bunch of posters and a snazzy tee-shirt.

The tee-shirt and posters will be given away as door prizes to those of you who come out to the Outlook Inn on Friday between 6 and 8 in the pm.  I'll probably do some sort of drawing, so find me when you get there so you can put your name into the hat.

I hope to see you fine folks there.

Jackson

EC

Quotec'mon Meg, surely you recall the Outlook Inn??! ;)
Now I do.  ;)  That's awesome.  

****UPDATE****

The other Louisville listening party will be on Friday at Cahoot's Bar on Bardstown Road...you know where that is, the old Tewligan's!

Time:     8 p.m.
Place:    Cahoot's Bar
          1047 Bardstown Road
          Louisville, KY  

This is just about within walking distance of the Outlook, so feel free to drop in if you like afterwards!

Hope to see ya there!  8)

jacksoncooper

Awesome.  It'll be a double-barreled listening party Friday.

6-8 at The Outlook, then stagger down the road to Cahoots for the continuation of the fun at 8.

Be careful crossing the street.