Live track in the new MOJO !!!

Started by ChiefCrowe, Aug 14, 2005, 11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOKONO

just came across this on another site:

In the new issue of the UK magazine MOJO they have a cover story on the 100 Greatest Bob Dylan songs and a CD that comes with it. On the CD they have various artists covering Bob Dylan...but on the last track...on the last track they have a co-performance of "Girl From the North Country" from M.Ward, Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes), and Jim James (My Morning Jacket) all trading verses live. It was exclusively recorded for the MOJO CD, so it's the only place to get it. The sound quality is great and it's a great cover, especially with those 3 singing it together.

chunt983

damn, gonna have to get that. I heard about this song from quite a few different threads and I've been dying to hear it.

JacketGal

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

fitzcarraldo

Cool. Hope that pops up on the FTP, when it gets back up and running. Are their are any other Monsters of Folk recordings available anywhere?

whothrewthecake

aMillionDreams

is this the recording from the Monsters of Folk tour or is it a studio version?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ChiefOKONO

fitzcarraldo

dragonboy

Yep, it's live - I got it this week. Pretty similar to the track found on the above link.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

darkhorse86

JIM sounds like johnny cash in a cavern on girl from the north country, its great

Oz

I just listened to it. It's a bit weird how the voices of Connor Oberst and Jim are so different that it sounds stupid when Jim sings his voice after Oberst, but then when they join and sing all together, for some reason it does sound good...
I'm ready when you are

Oz

Hey, I honestly never knew that 'This wheel's on fire' was a Bob Dylan song! I always thought of it as 'that Absolutely Fabulous tune'.. ;)
I'm ready when you are