Main Menu

Started by Guestolapacus, Oct 05, 2005, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guestolapacus

EC

Thanks for the heads up, guest. Glad you could come and be a guest. :)  Do you find you gesticulate wildly?

haha.  Sorry dudes, I'm about to leave work, and I'm preeeeeetty excited about that.

What's dub?
context:
QuoteThe band takes a step away from their Crazy Horse leanings and explores areas of dub, reggae, and soul, effectively conjuring up more of an Elvis Costello pop aesthetic.

EC

I hadn't heard of transform before, so I looked at their "About" section:

QuoteTransform started out as a booking agency, but Tim quickly realized how much less life would suck if he didn't have to talk to asshole clubs / promoters / other booking agents all day long. So: the "Online" part was added, and the world was blessed with more "entertainment journalism."

Ideally, Transform is / will be a place where information, passion, interactivity, and diversity come together to form an online source for everything that matters. Music, technology, politics, fashion, culture, video games, all under one umbrella and presented as all information should in the year 2004: up to date, progressively approached, with conviction, and never dull.

It will be a forum for us, the contributors, to discuss, rant, introduce others to, and learn more about our own passions. Because, in the end, we are doing this out of love. We love the subject matter we cover, and we hope you enjoy reading about 'em.

I rather like that.

fitzcarraldo

What's dub?

You are kidding right. If not, Lee 'Scratch' Perry! Sheck em out. Ya Bloodclot! j/k  :)

EC

You are kidding right. If not, Lee 'Scratch' Perry! Sheck em out. Ya Bloodclot! j/k  :)
Okay, so in theatreland, it's kind of like Jamaican poetry...  So it's the same thing in music?  (I thought it might be short form for "dubbing", like "we dubbed the sound there", or whatever...)

Where the hell is there dub on this record?  Maybe the "damn"? ;)

fitzcarraldo

Ya mon!  ;) & Yeah, I don't know where there is dub on this record.

fitzcarraldo

dragonboy

Scratch Perry's best - too much dub for the average kid to handle!

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.