Early Favorites?

Started by tdan, Oct 05, 2005, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdan

Lay Low.

I am sometimes slow to discover my real favorites, but right now Lay Low is standing out.  So good.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

whothrewthecake

lay low is definitely up there for me. although i am finding a lot of love for anytime and knot comes loose. lay low is just so HOT.  [smiley=pimp.gif]

primushead

Maybe it's because I was sleepy last night, but I was really into Knot Comes Loose.  It lullibied me into lulliby land.  Or something to that effect...

fitzcarraldo

It Beats 4 U
Into the Woods
Lay Low
Knot Comes Loose

What a Record!!!

tdan

With the dual guitars near the end of Lay Low, it sounds the most southern of this latest album by this southern rock outfit  ;).
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

EC

Lay Low and Knot Comes Loose are the yin and yang bookends for what makes a good relationship.  

I think I'll play them beside each other at my wedding.

auto_midnight

QuoteIt Beats 4 U
Into the Woods
Lay Low
Knot Comes Loose

What a Record!!!
Same choices here. I think the brevity of this record is going to take some time for me to accept.

realdeal

Gideon and Knot Comes Loose by far the best.

JacketGal

QuoteIt Beats 4 U
Into the Woods
Lay Low
Knot Comes Loose

What a Record!!!

Adding Dondante to this list!!!  ;D
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Funknik

you might think I'm dull, since we've been listening to the song for a while now, but I really dig "off the record" in the same way that i dig magheeta.

I'm totally in love with "What A Wonderful Man You Are" and wordless chorus starts the record off right!

kymoose

Lay Low fo shore.  What a Wonderful Man too.

dragonboy

Wordless (it's just so original & infectious, love the keys!)
It Beats 4 U (destroys me everytime!)
Wonderful Man (too much fucking fun!)
Off the Record (tripped-out surf reggae at it's best!)
Anytime (is this climbing up TOOO the moon!)

That's half the record, had better stop there!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

primushead

I don't know about anyone else, but my favorite line so far on the album is from into the woods:

"A good shower head and my right hand are they two best lovers that I ever had".

::)

fitzcarraldo

Z-Good lyrics, awesome the way he sings them, the keyboards, geetars, the slide, the N2 Tha Woodz Men's Choir, the beats and drum machine (IB4U in some parts reminding me of Airbag  :)) the omnichord, sdrawkcab, Andrew Bird, M. Ward, the artwork, Mr. Leckie...  AWESOME!!! And a few Bsides to come...:o