'Z' record sales...

Started by realdeal, Oct 05, 2005, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realdeal

I visited ear x-tacy last night and the clerk (Todd Cook) told me that only 200 copies had been sold as of 10pm last night. Isn't that kind of dissapointing?

tdan

Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

EC

Hmmm, I don't think 200 copies is disappointing, is it?  Plus, lots of people pre-ordered, plus iTunes, major stores, etc...

peanut butter puddin surprise

it's only been out for one day...hmmm:

200 per day
6000 per month
72000 per year

FROM ONE STORE?!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

CC

#37 at amazon today. i'm sure that accounts for quite a few too ;)

realdeal

QuoteMaybe people are buying at Best Buy for 7.99 or through other outlets.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=themusic;action=display;num=1128436315;start=0

fuck best buy, i'll gladly pay an extra 10 bucks and buy it at ear xtc.

Nikkogino

i'll gladly pay $7.99 at best buy.  

Funknik

i'll gladly pay $7.99 at best buy. Ê
I'll gladly pay $7.97 at my local indie record shoppe.

tdan

You go then.  I bought my copy at Ear X-tacy yesterday for 9.99.  I will gladly pay a LITTLE extra to get it from them.  Ten dollars extra?  No freakin way.
Until the end

SmoothOprtr

You know I think this is kind of crummy... I went the route of buying if from the band rather than going to a Best Buy to get it cheaper only to find one click of the mouse later that if I want to get it on time, I have to pay more outrageous shipping and handeling costs.  Apparently the several weeks ahead of time I placed my order weren't enough timing.  So know, I have wound up paying twice what my buddy did, and still haven't received the CD yet.  While I'm sure the band themselves has absolutely nothing to do with this, it still sucks.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

tdan

I would have been frustrated if I had pre-ordered also.  Hope yours arrives soon.
Until the end

SMc55

QuoteI would have been frustrated if I had pre-ordered also.  Hope yours arrives soon.

Me too. It's really disappointing for you.

Steve

#9 on iTunes album sales!

SmoothOprtr

Thanks for the support.  For now I have my free down load and the track off the Elizabethtown soundtrack to tide me over!
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women