Red Hot + Fela

Started by darkglow, Sep 08, 2013, 11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippitoes22

Sweet and thanks!
Well shit, Crispy guess I'm as dumb as I thought I was (and missed that post) or I actually have a relevant thought occasionally  :undecided:. The ppl at that show had no clue. They're thinking it's just some weird Dondonte intro or, what it sounds like from the recording, just not paying attention at all. The boys are straight up playing "Trouble sleep" and singing "Dondonte" over it for the first two verses. Then Patrick changes up his drum pattern and BLAM they're playin straight "Dondonte". Pretty fuckin cool...

#troublesleep>Dondonte>troublesleepinplaya

Just one guys opinion :thumbsup:
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

Crispy

Quote from: tippitoes22 on Jan 23, 2015, 02:08 PM
Sweet and thanks!
Well shit, Crispy guess I'm not as dumb as I thought I was(and missed that post) or I actually have a relevant thought occasionally  :undecided: . The ppl at that show had no clue. There thinking it's just some weird Dondonte intro or, what it sounds like from the recording, just not paying attention at all. The boys are straight up playing "Trouble sleep" and singing "Dondonte" over it for the first two verses. Then Patrick changes up his drum pattern and BLAM they're playin straight "Dondonte". Pretty fuckin cool...

#troublesleep>Dondonte>troublesleepinplaya

Just one guys opinion :thumbsup:

You bet! I remember hearing the recording back then and thinking, "gee, that jam sounds familiar..." I was also one of those that didn't have a clue!   :grin:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Derek713

I never realized that this is also on Spotify. It doesn't show up under My Morning Jacket though. You have to search by song name. I wonder if there are any other MMJ songs on Spotify that don't show up when you search by artist?  :huh:

tippitoes22

While we're on the subject of Fela, 4 of his 6 first albums were pressed on the
"His Masters Voice" label.
COINCIDENCE...!?!  Yeh, probably :)
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

BH

Holy crap this would sound good under the stars on the sand in mexico.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.