Elizabethtown Music

Started by LaurieBlue, Oct 13, 2005, 06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

Unfortunately the reviews coming through the wires have not been too good.  It's no Almost Famous or Say Anything or Jerry McGuire...but it's the closest to Cameron's life in its sweetness and warmth, and the music still rocks..

"Jesus Was a Crossmaker" -- The Hollies

"You Can't Hurry Love" -- The Concretes

"Shut Us Down" -- Lindsey Buckingham

"I Can't Get Next to You" -- The Temptations

"It'll All Work Out" -- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

"io (This Time Around)" -- Helen Stellar

"Big Love" -- Fleetwood Mac

"My Father's Gun" -- Elton John

"Where to Begin" -- My Morning Jacket

"Same in Any Language" -- My Morning Jacket

"Come Pick Me Up" -- Ryan Adams

"Jack" -- Tom Petty

"Funky Nassau" -- The Beginning of the End

"Passing" -- Ulrich Schnauss

"Learning to Fly" -- Tom Petty

"Dance Studio Drizzle" -- Craig Berkey

"First Dance Number" -- Georges Auric

"Free Bird" -- Ruckus

"That's Life" -- James Brown

"Hard Times" -- eastmountainsouth

"Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out)" -- The Hombres

Purcell's "Rondeau (Abdelazer)" -- Sir Neville Marriner and the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields

"Sugar Blue" -- Jeff Finlin

"Yeah Man" -- Eddie Hinton

"Pride (In the Name of Love)" -- U2

"Words" -- Ryan Adams

"Don't I Hold You" -- Wheat

"What Are They Doing in Heaven Today" -- Washington Phillips

"Square One" -- Tom Petty

"English Girls Approximately" -- Ryan Adams

"Same in Any Language" -- I Nine

"Summerlong" -- Kathleen Edwards

"Promised You a Miracle"-- Simple Minds

"Moon River" -- Patty Griffin|

fitzcarraldo

"Same in Any Language" -- My Morning Jacket
What's this I see.  :)

CC

Quote"Same in Any Language" -- My Morning Jacket
What's this I see.  :)

I don't think that's right.
it's an I-Nine song. sorry ;)

LaurieBlue

Cameron Crowe is back on XM 50 - talking about the music itself and how it all fits into the movie.  io by Helen Stellar (I LOVE this song!) is on now. He said he heard it and new it was going to be in the movie without any doubt.  It's always been with it.  I want to hang with Cameron Crowe sometime :-).

Speaking of that..AOL's front page has a photo of Cameron w/Orlando and links to articles, interviews, clips, streams, downloads, etc. etc.

I think we're MMJ fans at a good time :-)  Okay..this song is making me sappy...

Laurie

LaurieBlue

My attempt at quoting Cameron from this interview..again..

"art of feeling naked in your clothes"..

"Here's The Great My Morning Jacket with "Where to Begin".."

"Jim James..one of the most on-fire songwriters right now.."

"It's our "Everybody's Talkin'" for the movie..doesn't come right out verbally to describe the scene/theme.."

(Sorry to be so brief with these statements..hard to keep up with everything as he's talking)

loper

kevinjanes

MMJ does have a version of Same in Any Language in the film, but not on the soundtrack  :(

Saw the movie last night. It was quite boring I thought. It was cool seeing the boys on film and seeing all the sites around my hometown of Louisville, but the actual film was far too long and went nowhere we haven't been before, especially in a Crowe film. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but there was TOO MUCH music in the film. Four times as many songs as on the soundtrack, with only 10-30 seconds of each. It left me wanting to hear more of certain songs. Crowe crammed way too much music in that was unneccessary I thought. However, almost all of Where to Begin was featured  :) It's worth seeing just for the MMJ songs and scenes they're in, but the rest is mediocre at best. But I'm no film critic, at least not a good one...

whothrewthecake

QuoteMMJ does have a version of Same in Any Language in the film, but not on the soundtrack Ê:(

i wish this was on the soundtrack, but it was a pleasant surprise to hear it pop up in the film.