Am I the only member of this forum not to .......

Started by loper, Oct 14, 2005, 05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMc55

It's in the shops now and I still haven't got mine  :(
I ordered in the day the orderline opened.

Billy_Pilgrim

For as far as I know, that is the CD-ROM track.

Oh, ok. Thanks for that. A part of me hoped that it would be the free download track that was offered with pre-ordering off this site.
Why's it sooo soft when the cannons unload on the others?
Why're we so loud when we say it wont happen to us?

Billy_Pilgrim

QuoteIt's in the shops now and I still haven't got mine  :(
I ordered in the day the orderline opened.

Damn, the suspense must be killing you.

It's a cracking album, by the way ;)
Why's it sooo soft when the cannons unload on the others?
Why're we so loud when we say it wont happen to us?

loper

I'm still waiting too, Doc. :( >:( ??? :'( [smiley=mrgreen.gif]  [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

SMc55

QuoteI'm still waiting too, Doc. :( >:( ??? :'( [smiley=mrgreen.gif]  [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

It's a real bummer loper. We could have got it cheaper too  :(
We live and learn I suppose.

EC

I haven't received my mail one yet, either... So it came out on the 4th, and today is the (oh man, what is today?) right, the 17th.  So, I guess they still have until tomorrow ish if they're on schedule...

My stinkin ex downstairs neighbour who left fleas in his basement better not have stole it when he was collecting his mail...  >:(
(he's the one who was nailed recently for being a big-time bike thief, and oddly enough, my bike was stolen from my front porch a few months ago...)

SMc55

Quotehe's the one who was nailed recently for being a big-time bike thief, and oddly enough, my bike was stolen from my front porch a few months ago...)
I remember that! They didn't trace yours then?

loper

IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D ;D [smiley=bier.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=guitar.gif]

Chills

I've got mine since monday.  :)
It's different, sad, happy, funny, funky, soulful, it rocks, it rolls, has ten tracks, all killer, no filler, short, sharp, addictive...

So, I kinda like it  :D

lfish

Is the Uk Release date of the 17th october (which means yesterday) valid for all european countries, let's say Belgium?  I checked some stores but Z has not yet arrived.
lfish

CC

QuoteIs the Uk Release date of the 17th october (which means yesterday) valid for all european countries, let's say Belgium?  I checked some stores but Z has not yet arrived.

I think so yeah. give or take a day.

loper

UK only, I think Ifish.

Chills,

just played it for the first time and agree with you. Although Into The Woods needs a listen or two more before I can make judgement. It didn't really catch me first time around. :-/

Prior to receiving it I was worried that the album might be too poppish and not fulfilling in the long term. Although many of the tracks slay me (2,3,8&10 in particular)I still have that fear because it took me days and days of playing It Still Moves to get into it, but the rewards were beyond my dreams and will be everlasting. I already feel I know Z and that's worrying. :-/

By the way, I once stated on this forum (rather recklessly!)that I thought MMJ were the best band I'd heard since Buffalo Springfield. Glad to see you are a fan too. ;)

EC

This is funny: I was going to use the ordered copy for my Dad's birthday present, but it hadn't come yet, so I got one on my way home from work yesterday.  Guess what I found in the mail?  Guess who's Mom is also getting Z for her birthday?

;)

tomEisenbraun

Haha, nice one Meg.

I'm using the preorder copy for a gift for my lovely lady, who is now starting to truly become a fan. out of her own free will. She bought a copy of Paste magazine and is becoming more and more interested in the guys. i left my whole library of MMJ material on her computer too, so she's got a lot to listen to.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Chills

QuoteUK only, I think Ifish.

Chills,

just played it for the first time and agree with you. Although Into The Woods needs a listen or two more before I can make judgement. It didn't really catch me first time around. :-/

I still have that fear because it took me days and days of playing It Still Moves to get into it, but the rewards were beyond my dreams and will be everlasting. I already feel I know Z and that's worrying. :-/

Yeah, I understand what you mean. At Dawn took me a long time to digest, but it became better and better.
Z is instant fun, it's shorter so you put the whole thing on repeat easier, while I mostly just pick out some tracks from the other albums.
But I feel I don't want too play it TOO much right now and take away it's freshness.
I'm sure this one will hold up though, it's actually that good, I feel it should sell millions and redeem rock and roll from it's slightly crappy state it is in now  :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there