The NEXT Record

Started by sweatboard, Nov 08, 2005, 12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

I know it's early but I am so excited to see where they take the music on the next record.  Z is the type of progression that blows the doors wide open and makes me really really excited to see where they will venture next.  I imagine a whole lot more layers of sounds and wierd instruments and an aray of tiny subtleties coming up.  I remeber when Ok Computer came out I thought there is no where left to go and then came Kid A!!!!! but then Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief (while both great albums, the later more than the former) it seemed Radiohead didn't really break much new ground.  I just feel like MMJ is in a place somewhere similar to the stage that Radiohead was in between OK Computer and Kid A and that has got me really excited.  What kind of things can you imagine coming out of the next record?
There's Still Time.........

October

it's probably going to be southern-fried

sweatboard

How about Jim O'Rourek producing the next album and it coming out sounding something like The Cure's Disentigration mixed with one part Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and one part Dark Side Of The Moon.  

sweatboard

Quoteit's probably going to be southern-fried

well, as long as they don't completly leave behind thier Jam Band roots, it'll be ok.

October

well, as long as they don't completly leave behind thier Jam Band roots, it'll be ok.

haha, i was seriously thinking about this the other day.  where do they go now?  i'm thinking whatever is next is gonna be a little longer, maybe more flowing like at dawn, but along the same tight production lines of Z.  the jackets dark side of the moon, like you said.  whatever it is, its gonna be interesting

p.s. - i would love a disc of Z demos in addition to the Tenn Fire/At Dawn ones

sweatboard

I'm not throwing out my hope for a concept album complete with theatrical live show, costumes and a laser light show.  I'm also still hopeing for a tour devoted to the Muppet Movie soundtrack complete with costumes and skits.  

sweatboard

Imagine Patrick dressed up like Animal.

EC

QuoteImagine Patrick dressed up like Animal.
Have you seen him wearing that mask on the latter Conan show?

I can't BELIEVE you're already talking about the next album.  :)  That's hilarious.

Half

i bet they do an album thats just Jim speaking in a robot voice
but i done went and plum forgot it

primushead

Quotei bet they do an album thats just Jim speaking in a robot voice

I'd buy that for a dollar!

SplatSplatSplat

umm...DOUBLE ALBUM....anyone?....anyone?
You need it.  That's for sure.

ChiefOKONO

I was acutally hoping for a double album this time.. i think they could do an epic one that's for sure!!!

primushead

They could do a Ryan Adams-esque move and release 3 albums in one year.  

That would be tight!

Half

you know...i've always liked the idea of a double album, that is, until the foo fighters did it this year.  i realized i like a single album so much better.  it seems to have more of a complete feeling or flow.  that being said- i'd like one album that is 72 hours long.  thanks
but i done went and plum forgot it