Main Menu

interesting

Started by ratsprayer, Dec 16, 2005, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellfleet

so, like, this is bullshit, right? is the writer making some this up? (maybe he works for the NY times)
where can i write it to replace my copy-protected cd with one that won't destroy my computer?
the thing is, i honestly believe that the band cares enough about us to replace these cds, but how do they go about making sure they're not just sending out the album to people who didn't buy the album?
anyone here get a burned copy of the album?
everything sucks. really.

tomEisenbraun

wierd. this may be a management dude getting misquoted or something. I wonder how much truth is in that article?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

marktwain

I found several articles about this through Google News, so if it's bullshit, it's bullshit that's getting spread everywhere.

TheLink

it was on MTV News it appears with the entire band.  maybe they were messin around, but it says at least 100 copies.  and, that is their manager for sure.  why make this crap up?

wellfleet

google news can just be a case of the same wrong info getting picked up be several media outlets... there's plenty of examples of that with stories with far more gravitas. i dunno folks, maybe the band really meant to say that, but how would they go about doing it? 100 copies out of 60,000 albums sold... this is strange. CC Baxter, what can you tell us?

CC

I... don't... know.

maybe there's more info at info@mymorningjacket.com

wellfleet

wow... why didn't i think of that? maybe that's why you're in charge... i didn't really think E-mails to that addy ever get read or answered... i shall try!

CC

trust me. everything gets read.

TheLink

cool, but kind of creepy. :-/  it try to read each post and it is just not possible if you have, i don't know, something else to do.  yup, like crack. ;)