MMJ  BACK IN TIME

Started by galacticartist, Dec 28, 2005, 06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticartist

I just got Z and am loving it...
It brings me back to a time when music was the catalyst for change, and the society was in change and there was a real summer of love...
The bands vocals and their guitar riffs on Lay Low -
 remind me of one of my favorite old frisco bands that rocked as well-
Quicksilver Messenger Service.
I will be going out and getting more tunes as well as downloading starting today...
The band is giving me inspiration that I have seen wane over the past few years... Yippeeeeeee!!!
Burt

Clarkwork

Wait until you hear the rest of their albums.  It only gets better.  If you download don't just take various tracks from different albums, listen to each album.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

loper

QuoteI just got Z and am loving it...
It brings me back to a time when music was the catalyst for change, and the society was in change and there was a real summer of love...
I will be going out and getting more tunes as well as downloading starting today...
The band is giving me inspiration that I have seen wane over the past few years... Yippeeeeeee!!!
Burt

Happy Trails is one of my iconic 60s albums. ::)

But Clarkwork is dead right!  'Z' is MMJ's  worst offering to date. Only It Beats 4 U, Lay Low and Dondante measure up to the best of their other releases.  Get them all in their entirety. You will not be disappointed!!!  

galacticartist

Thanks Folks- I am on my way to get the rest of their work.
MMJ- IS EXCEPTIONAL.
They  bring back sounds from the Airplane- Quicksilver and more of the west coast 60's sound. The good part is that they have their own sound that is just phenominal.
They rekindled the hopes and dreams that have waned over the years.....
Cant wait to hear more...Lay Low  has it all.
Burt
www.galacticart.com

TheBigDonger

thanks for the link.  your art is cool.  are any images usable? :-/
eat meat, eat meat, eat a big ole stear.

scientology is the answer.  sorry jesus.

galacticartist

donger-
thanks- and yes you can use anything on their...
enjoy
Burt-www.galacticart.com

rob

QuoteI just got Z and am loving it...
Burt

I know what you mean......MMJ really are the real deal......it's so hard to find other new bands that are as genuine.....and if you love Lay Low alot, you'll really love It Still Moves.......followed by At Dawn.  ;D
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

cmccubbin25

not really the topic of this discussion but the title is relevant...just listening to the show from 12.14.99 at the Bunbury Theatre in Louisville...it is amazing!!!  get it on archive.org now if you do not have it!!!  AWESOME!!!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.