CC, pick up that guitar and TALK to me!

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Feb 07, 2006, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Two things I need someone to answer for me.  These have probably been topics in the past but I am fairly new so humor me.

#1  How come the lyrics sheet for At Dawn is missing Strangulation, yet it has the lyrics to Chills which didn't come out until several years later and on the Off The Record single even?  Is this all part of the masterplan?

#2  This is an even bigger one.  At what point was C.C. DeVille from Poison in the band?  If you look at the lineup on Chocolate and Ice, it has him listed.  Not as a special guest mind you, but part of the band!  How come I have never heard anyone talk about this?  Was it a joke?  Is he a friend of the band?  Were they just looking for a little more hair?  I won't rest until I get an answer for this and hopefully a little background story.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

CC

chilly willy

Chills was originally released on the At Dawn demo disc... i think only the first 2000 copies of the cd had the bonus disc... perhaps it was originally supposed to be on the album...  but was omitted at the last minute?

BH

Sorry, wrong CC.

I would have thought you might have some input on this?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

marktwain

That's funny, I never noticed CC Deville was listed.  Though it would be really cool if it were the real CC, it's not.

Probably that Cap'n Goodies up to his tricks again

BH

Thanks Chilly Willy, that definately explains it.  

1 answer down, 1 to go.

I know somebody can enlighten me on CC DeVille.  This couldn't just be a joke, could it tundra?  How do you know it wasn't him?

ChiefOKONO

CC

Above The Cadillac - CC Deville

maybe there's a connection

tomEisenbraun

ah, which could explain the strange obvious mechanical revolution sound that gets phased in and out during the middle section of cobra.

and 'twould also be a quite ingenious name to keep for a cadillac coupe deville.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

Nice Tom!  I'm a big car guy, so I should have put that together myself.  Very cool.  I knew I would get my answers eventually.  

Credit to a car!  As if I needed a reason to like MMJ even more.

(It would have been kind of cool though if an old hair band icon sat in for a song or two in between Behind the Music shoots.)