RELIGION SHOULD APPEAL TO THE HEARTS OF THE YOUNG

Started by ycartrob, Jan 21, 2006, 12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saki

QuoteSpeaking of W, wouldn't it be great if we lived in a world where he could openly and honestly dicuss his faith? You know, the Bush's are "in bed" with the Arabs and everyone gets rich. Last I checked, the Arabs are not Jesus loving people. There are verses in the Bible that talk about dealings with non-believers, witnessing, etc....

Wouldn't it be great to ask W how his Christian walk influences his million dollar, money making ventures with non-believers? How he lifts up the filthy rich "non-believers" but shuns the working Christian poor?

Pretty sure Jesus did the same thing. He hung out with the vendors of the temple and basically said, "Screw them lepers!"

uhhhh.....what?  Jesus said, "screw them lepers?"  What the hell are you talking about?  He deliberately hung out with prostitutes, and social outcasts.  Where did that come from?

saki

uhhhh.....what?  Jesus said, "screw them lepers?"

oh....maybe your were being sarcastic...i hope so...

"you animal, c'mon, what does this remind you of?"  

When he says,"animal" here I really think he is talking about George W. and his war in Iraq...especially "what does this remind you of?"  

but I can see it as organized religion as well

ycartrob

oh....maybe your were being sarcastic...i hope so...

"you animal, c'mon, what does this remind you of?"  

When he says,"animal" here I really think he is talking about George W. and his war in Iraq...especially "what does this remind you of?"  

but I can see it as organized religion as well

yes, trying to be sarcastic.

ali

i always thought it was about george w & the war in iraq too - and how that's influenced how the outside world sees the US....

TRULY. TRULY WE HAVE BECOME. HATED AND FEARED FOR SOMETHING WE DON'T WANT.
LISTEN. LISTEN. MOST OF US BELIEVE THAT THIS IS WRONG.
love a song for the way it makes you feel

fitzcarraldo

That may be true ( and I believe you) but where does this particular line fit into a story about a bird?  Just curious.
C

You're right C, it doesn't.

tdan

Quotei always thought it was about george w & the war in iraq too - and how that's influenced how the outside world sees the US....

TRULY. TRULY WE HAVE BECOME. HATED AND FEARED FOR SOMETHING WE DON'T WANT.
LISTEN. LISTEN. MOST OF US BELIEVE THAT THIS IS WRONG.

That was my take on it as well.  It seems to fit just a little too well.
Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

saki

George Bush IS Gideon.  Just like a parrot, George only repeats someone's else's words - his speechwriter's.  And just like a parrot he is an ineffectual speaker.  I can't remember the last time I heard one of his speeches and I believed that it was his ideas.  That HE came up with this speech.  Then, I also had trouble not thinking everything he was saying was bullshit.  You may crack on Clinton or Reagan, but at least they could speak.  George Bush, yeah, there's a parrot for ya.  He doesn't have eloquent speeches because he can't pronounce the difficult words.  

EC

that's quite good, saki.  i hadn't thought of that before.