NPR All Songs Considered

Started by New_Mexico_Chile, Jan 22, 2006, 08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Mexico_Chile

NPR has recorded MJ from a DC venue. I have saved and played the songs back several times. I'm trying to decide which album to purchase based on the songs I like from the NPR playlist.

The NPR site lists the songs from this set. My question; are songs played in the order listed from this page? I'm beginning to doubt they are in order.

Here is the link if anyone wants to listen or give me feedback. Thanks. Charlie

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4934012

New_Mexico_Chile

I just listened to the playlist again and now I think they are played in order of NPR list, It's hard to understand the lyrics without a music sheet but I'm starting to get a few lines. I think I'll purchase both Z and It Still Moves.

I wanted to add :

I heard Gideon on one of my digital music channels (alternative) via Charter Communcations Cable in Atlanta. I thought wow , I have to find out more about this group and then saw where NPR All Songs Considered recorded a gig from a DC night club.  I have worn out these songs.

I am fifty years young. So this should be the ultimate compliment , that the band is pulling in fans who grew up listening to music from another generation ...The Marshall Tucker Band, The Allman Brothers Band, R.E.M., Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band.

Keep up the unique vibes guys.

Wish a speedy recovery for Jim James and will catch you next time you play in Atlanta or Athens, GA.  

Charlie

rob

That's so great! I'm no spring chicken either, but you do have a few years on me.  ;) Sometimes I wonder how much someone in their 20s (Jim) can write lyrics that speak to "us elders", but Jim does it all the time.......and of course, the singing is undeniably effective. Buy AT DAWN.....then you'll definitely want all the other ones. Anyway, welcome!
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

solo

new mexico chile nailed it , us older folks know good art when we hear it too. i heard mmj on austin city limits for the first time and  they definately touch the soul. "golden" is the most beutiful song i've heard to date. thanks to new mexico chile for connecting the "elders".