Rarities List - Help!

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Mar 30, 2006, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I finally have every single studio recording available (that I know of) except for the following list.  Does anyone know if I can find these songs anywhere?

1) *Girl From The North Country (Jim James live w/ M. Ward and Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes)
first released on: "Dylan Covered" free v/a CD with the September 2005 issue (#142) of the UK magazine "Mojo" (August 2005)
note: performed live by M. Ward, Conor Oberst & Jim James during their February & October 2004 tours

2) *By My Car ("Live! at the Startime Pavilion ~October 31st~")
first released on: "Acoustic Citsuoca" EP 12" (June 2004)
note: recorded live on tour, late 2003
note: vinyl release only
(I thought maybe someone had converted this to CD.  I don't even know if that's possible)

3) *Blue Moon (Frankie Trumbauer & Band cover)
first released on: "Louisville Is For Lovers 5" v/a Valentine CD (February 2005)
note: written by Richard Rodgers & Lorenz Hart, originally performed and released in 1934 by Frankie Trumbauer & Band; covered and altered (no happy ending!) thereafter by many artists, of which Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Elvis Presley, Dean Martin, The Supremes, and Bob Dylan are just a few of them

4) *Old Sept Blues (2 Meter session)
first released on: "2 Meter Sessies Volume 10" NL v/a CD (September 2001)
note: radio session recorded at the Byton Studios, Loosdrecht, NL, April 5, 2000

I have never needed to be a completeist (sp?) before, but there is just something about this band...... I must have it all.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Mr. T.

By my car was made available by 'someone' from the board. Sorry to say if forgot his name.

You can get it from me through Soulseek (if that's legal of course)

the rest i don't have neither  :-/
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

Angry Ewok

Rarities that I would love to have...

Behind That Locked Door (George Harrison cover)
Blue Moon (Frankie Trumbauer & Band cover)
Breathin' (Jim James four-track demo)
Chills (Studio)
Girl From The North Country (Jim James live w/ M. Ward and Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes)
Ooh Las Vegas (Gram Parsons cover)
Still Feeling Blue (Gram Parsons cover) (live)
Wear Your Love Like Heaven (Donovan cover)
Wild Horses (Rolling Stones cover)

Also the rumored Black Sabbath covers...

One of our beloved forum buddies recorded the By My Car (Vinyl) and posted it here... So you may want to do a forum search using 'Acoustic Citsuoca Vinyl'...
The 'Mother' Pink Floyd cover is readily avaliable on LimeWire for download... so you may want to search there for that gem.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

QuoteRarities that I would love to have...

Behind That Locked Door (George Harrison cover)
Blue Moon (Frankie Trumbauer & Band cover)
Breathin' (Jim James four-track demo)
Chills (Studio)
Girl From The North Country (Jim James live w/ M. Ward and Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes)
Ooh Las Vegas (Gram Parsons cover)
Still Feeling Blue (Gram Parsons cover) (live)
Wear Your Love Like Heaven (Donovan cover)
Wild Horses (Rolling Stones cover)

Also the rumored Black Sabbath covers...

One of our beloved forum buddies recorded the By My Car (Vinyl) and posted it here... So you may want to do a forum search using 'Acoustic Citsuoca Vinyl'...
The 'Mother' Pink Floyd cover is readily avaliable on LimeWire for download... so you may want to search there for that gem.

Already have Mother. My all time fav. cover.

Breathin is on the Run Thru single and Chills is on the Off the rEcord single.  I found both of these really cheap on ebay.

You can get Behind That Locked Door and Wear Your Love Like Heaven on Itunes for $1 each.

I thought the Gram Parsons stuff was video only.  Is there a CD?

I think there is an early show on the archive that has the Black Sabbath.  I will go check that out.  And thanks for the heads up on By My Car
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dee.

1) *Girl From The North Country (Jim James live w/ M. Ward and Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes)
first released on: "Dylan Covered" free v/a CD with the September 2005 issue (#142) of the UK magazine "Mojo" (August 2005)
Here's an mp3 of it:
Girl From the North Country

I've posted it before.  No harm in that, I suppose, as the magazine it came with is long since unavailable.

tdan

Well the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

RastaRunner5

paintaneight

Anyone have that "By My Car" version from Acoustica Circus?  That, I bet,   is awesome.

Angry Ewok

Thanks for sharing the North Country file! Made my day!

_

QuoteAnyone have that "By My Car" version from Acoustica Circus?  That, I bet,   is awesome.

QuoteOne of our beloved forum buddies recorded the By My Car (Vinyl) and posted it here... So you may want to do a forum search using 'Acoustic Citsuoca Vinyl'...

*ahem*
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.