Main Menu

A Good Start

Started by Monkeyfist, May 17, 2006, 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkeyfist

I am pretty new to the MMJ world of music, and only have a few smaples of thier stuff. Looking for a few suggestions on good albums and such to start with. So let me know what you think. Thanks...

-The Fist

tenn

I'd suggest  'It Still Moves' or 'At Dawn'

JohnnyRage

It Still Moves

Acoustic Citsuoca
[size=13]Be Right Here Forever...Go Through This Thing Together...And On Heaven's Golden Shores We'll Lay Our Heads[/size][/i]

ManNamedTruth

I started with Z and went backwards. It worked out good for me. All their albums sound so different I would even go with getting two at once. Pretty soon you'll find yourself grabbing up everything you can get with MMJ on it anyway.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Monkeyfist

The compilation had the song Gideon on it. I totally dig it, so this is good info. Thanks and hope for more.

-The Fist

MMJ_fanatic

Hell fist, just buy everything you can find and contact John Conaway here (user=conaway) for access to a fine ftp collection of live gems
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Monkeyfist

That's wouldn't be a bad idea, if I could afford such an endeavor. I will be picking up "It still moves" at my next port visit, it seems to be a re-occuring suggestion, along with "At Dawn".
The trouble is finding them in foreign countries. I was lucky when we pulled into Thailand and I found a cool shop full of crazy live CD's I had never seen before. But I may not have the same luck in the next place (where ever the hell that is going to be). Thanks for all the suggestions...

-The Fist

SiOuxTribe

I basically started on in order:  At Dawn, Z, The Tennesee Fire, It Still Moves

But Z was the first I really got to know intimately, and I only knew At Dawn casually, but now I'm religiously in love with them all, and them some (b-sides, ect.)
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

NJ2KY

QuoteHell fist, just buy everything you can find and contact John Conaway here (user=conaway) for access to a fine ftp collection of live gems

good looks on this MMJ F.  I'm gonna send Conaway a message right now.

and PS, monkey fist, all the studio albums are awsome, i say grab whichever album presents itself to you first.  you won't be dissapointed.
the memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime.

chunt983

the tennessee fire is one that will have to grow you on. Even myself at first did not quite "get it". It's up there for one of my favorite albums of all time, but strangly I did not like it at first.

ChiefOKONO

i'd first start with It Still Moves.

TEO

Hey Fist, don't forget "Chocolate and Ice" so you can have the epic "Cobra"!      
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary