Help me out...

Started by jocelyn, Jun 01, 2006, 08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jocelyn

Okay...new fan here (thanks Pearl Jam for making this the most awesome opening band ever!)

Can someone explain to me why "One Big Holiday" is the most awesome live song I've heard in a long time?

Seriously, the opening drums reminds me (this is obscure) of "Candy's Room" by Bruce.

Shit....this band is awesome.  I wish I could thank them.  

dragonboy

Hey Jocelyn,
You're not the first person to mention One Big Holiday after seeing MMJ support PJ.
It's one hell of a track isn't it?
Do you have any MMJ albums?

Welcome aboard  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

yieldgirl

did you know One big holiday can be heard on a beer commerical?  Damn, I can't think of which one it is.
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,

jocelyn

I now have "z" and a few tracks off of "It Still Moves" and "Split".  I'm also really getting into "Gideon" and "Run Thru".

Nice.

yieldgirl

QuoteI now have "z" and a few tracks off of "It Still Moves" and "Split".  I'm also really getting into "Gideon" and "Run Thru".

Nice.

so how many PJ shows have you been too?
He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree.
The wind rose up set him down on his knee.
A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings,

jocelyn

so how many PJ shows have you been too?

I've been to 10....after Saturday, we have 3 more in San Fran, making 14 total by the end of summer.

loper

QuoteI now have "z" and a few tracks off of "It Still Moves" and "Split".  I'm also really getting into "Gideon" and "Run Thru".

Nice.

Jocelyn,

you'll need It Still Moves in all its glory. It would be tragic to miss out on what may turn out to be MMJ's seminal release. 8)

Then there's At Dawn and The Tennessee Fire. You've got so much to look forward to discovering ::)

SMc55

Hi Jocelyn  :)

Loper's right - you're at an exciting stage in your MMJ journey. Enjoy!

Easy Morning Rebel

I agree with the speakers above. You won't be dissappointed when you get into more of MMJ's stuff.
In my opinion, My Morning Jacket is the best thing ever happened to the music industry/world (and mankind). Of course am I right, folks?

So yeah, Enjoy! ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

peanut butter puddin surprise

heya, welcome aboard.  I concur, check out anything you can get your hands on.

actually, it was Mahgeetah that was on the beer commercial....Coors Beer, as I recall.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

aMD

it was actually Aspen Edge beer, which probably isn't made anymore. It was a low-carb light beer that was low on taste.

jocelyn

Thanks for the warm reception!  

I'll take your advice and get the full albums...seriously, there is nothing cooler than finding a band you're starting to really love that already has a pretty sizable catalog.  

Can't wait to see them again tomorrow night!  (last time this leg of the tour :(

MMJ_fanatic

Shit....this band is awesome.  I wish I could thank them.  

You just did in the best way possible  ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.