Here's to breakthroughs........

Started by sweatboard, Jun 10, 2006, 02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

two things I've been thinking about on this awesome beutiful summer tennessee saturday.

A) How about Fucking Carl Broemel!!!!  That guy has seen a total liberation in his playing and the way he attacks the guitar on stage.  It's something beutiful to behold these days.  I think if your in a band with Jim your more likely to experience a total liberation while playing music.  He just leads everyone including the audience into some kind of passionate oblivion.

B)  I've been playing the guitar for like the last two hours just takeing stuff built up inside me out on thestrings and screaming and singing really loudly to the wall, playing half songs and iprov lyrics, instrumental noise jams, etc. etc. and I was thinking.......Man, I really love Chan Marshall (Cat Power), and that she put out that "Speaking For Trees" dvd.    

so, breakthroughs are good!!!!  Anyone had any lately?
There's Still Time.........

EC

yeah.  i've felt like i was in the middle of a tornado for the past little while.  it's funny, because i was just thinking about carl the other day, too, in a similar way.  if you manage to get a group of people together and everybody is allowed to explore their part, it is amazing to see what happens from that.  when we were rehearsing for the show a few weeks ago, there were 7 of us, and there were times when i couldn't breathe because everything that was happening was taking me completely outside of the room.  and everybody was feeling that - like being in a vortex and feeling like you're not even you anymore, and when the song is done, you feel like you woke up from a dream.

it's a weird time, because almost everyone i know is going through really big changes, or is finally seeing results from years of working hard, and it's amazing.  and this is people from all over - yourself included, so it's not just my little cozy collection of pals.  

can't really think about stuff like that too much, so i'm just riding along with it and seeing where it all goes.  but i'm diggin' it for sure. :)

sweatboard

I Fucking LOVE you MEG!!!!!  :-* :-* :-*
There's Still Time.........

EC

you're not so bad yourself, fella. :)