Is this something new???

Started by Nikkogino, Sep 23, 2005, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

I just discovered the "easter eggs" on the website...  The little eyeball looking things on left and right of the navigation bar (to the left of bio and to the right of contact).  If this is something OLD, respond and let the thread die.  Thanks.

peanut butter puddin surprise

pretty trippy, eh?  yeah, it's been there a while.  no worries, someone had to tell me too that they were there!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

realdeal

they used to be cute little skeletons.

MMJ_fanatic

yeah I kinda miss the skeletons, but the Twin Peaks pic is too cool!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Mr. T.

Any idea what the easter eggs are about? I very much want to know what this little fella is doing there?

Thanks
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

banjohead

He is the little guy from the dream sequences in the movie "Fire, Walk with Me" and from the television show "Twin Peaks" both by director David Lynch. It is crazy stuff, quite awesome. The little dude in the MMJ picture talks so trange. It was recorded with him talking backwards, but then they play it forwards so it sounds like backwards talking but it is forwards.. if that makes any sense. Anyway, it sounds freakin' sweet.

tomEisenbraun

so he talks like the way they did "Like Spinning Plates" on Radiohead's Amnesiac? They had Thom Yorke sing the song, then they took the vocal track and reversed it, and he learned to sing it backwards. so then they recorded him singing backwards and reversed that, so they had the understandable vocal part playing backwards, but since they recorded him sinigng backwards, the reversed backwards is forward and it sounds frickin cool.

is that how the little dude talked?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

jrat

Quoteso he talks like the way they did "Like Spinning Plates" on Radiohead's Amnesiac? They had Thom Yorke sing the song, then they took the vocal track and reversed it, and he learned to sing it backwards. so then they recorded him singing backwards and reversed that, so they had the understandable vocal part playing backwards, but since they recorded him sinigng backwards, the reversed backwards is forward and it sounds frickin cool.

ok, thats insane. i was LITERALLY, JUST LISTENING TO THAT SONG!!!!  while i was reading  this, it started up. i dont think ill ever forget that im so blown away
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

banjohead

Quoteso he talks like the way they did "Like Spinning Plates" on Radiohead's Amnesiac? They had Thom Yorke sing the song, then they took the vocal track and reversed it, and he learned to sing it backwards. so then they recorded him singing backwards and reversed that, so they had the understandable vocal part playing backwards, but since they recorded him sinigng backwards, the reversed backwards is forward and it sounds frickin cool.

Yes that is exactly how he talked. Nice description. He learned how to say his lines backwards, so they filmed him saying them backwards, then reversed that so it made sense, so it was audio mayhem and visual mayhem. It is awesome stuff. Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me are freakin' awesome.

marktwain

That actor was also in 'Carnivale' - a cool, cool show.