Profess your undying love for "AT DAWN"

Started by sweatboard, Jul 18, 2006, 05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob

QuoteYep, I think the consensus amongst the fans on this forum is........................[size=20]START PLAYING "I NEEDED IT MOST" IN THE LIVE SETS, YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

I'd LOVE that, but it's a bit too involved/intimate I think,  to include in the type of shows they're doing right now....now it would fit nicely in a Jim solo show, tho......they're clearly in their rockin' phase now with Z and the tour........I predict the next album will be back to some variation of  'mellow'........then they can include it in their live sets......we'll see.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

ChiefOKONO

When I got at Dawn (at the same time as the first album) I was totally immersed still in It Still Moves.  It took a while to fully absorb this one (which is a good sign usually)
It was definitely a change from that and it slowly creeped up on me to become my favorite Jacket album.  I have so many great memories of listening repeatedly with my sweetie and many times before i slept to accompany the drift into dreamland.

I still never tire of hearing the songs live or in studio and the way that he sings always will hold a special place in my heart.
That reminds me...I can't wait to listen on headphones again!!

Sometimes i can swear i hear the beginnings of at dawn at random places, maybe its just got that far into my head !!
I Don't think i will ever tire of singing At Dawn!!!!

At Dawn is one of my favorite albums EVAH!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. i love it when people gush about favorite things!!!  :D

sweatboard

I'd LOVE that, but it's a bit too involved/intimate I think,  to include in the type of shows they're doing right now....now it would fit nicely in a Jim solo show, tho......they're clearly in their rockin' phase now with Z and the tour........I predict the next album will be back to some variation of  'mellow'........then they can include it in their live sets......we'll see.

Great Point about it not fitting into the set's they are playing these days.  But..........You probably could have said the same thing about "I Think I'm Going To Hell" when the Z tour first started.  If they rock the ever living shit out of the first encore and then close that first set with Don Donte.......Well, I think "I Needed It Most" would be breathtaking the same way it is on the album as an early encore song.  Plus, Jim really needs to "Layer (different than reverb)" his vocals in a live setting and this would be the ultimate first song to do it on.  

[size=21]PLAY "I NEEDED IT MOST"............PLEASE!!!!!!!![/size]
There's Still Time.........

jrat

All this at dawn reading, it made me put it, on. its been my fav of theirs forever. Also, i odnt know if this is good to admit on here or not, but i already have the demos, nd have had them for months. my buddy gave them to me, and its got those two afformentioned songs also. i honestly havent even listened to them, but i will when this CD's done. ill prolly still buy the demos cause they will prolly be remastered properly.

Im at Xmas Curtain right now, one of my new faves for sure, since the Roo show made it sound so unreal. im so happy i have people to chat it up with who enjoy this nband as much as i do, cause im seriously obsessed. i werk 10 hours in the sun, and come home, put this on, and check this site. sometimes im too tired to write back, but its friday and the beers are flowing down my throat like the sustainence of the God's.

Again, i love this album and this whole band and community. Have a good weekend, this beer is for y'all!!!!!!
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

EAZYE

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

ColdCold_Lightning

What a great thread, I love hearing everyone's take on this album.  At Dawn was my first MMJ album and is the most incredible album I have heard to date.  When I heard all the strange noises at the beginning of the title song I knew I was in for something special, then when I heard Jim's voice sang out "At Dawn they ride again..." I was completely hooked.  I thought each song was the best song I had ever heard.  I like a lot of different kinds of music, but I have never found any other music that I am drawn to like the music this band makes.  My wife likes the Jacket also, but she thinks I am borderline obsessive (and she is probably right  :P)

When It Still Moves came out I thought I had a new favorite album for about 3 months, but over time At Dawn has regained its rightful place at #1 (that is not a knock on It Still Moves as it is a close second).

I have a copy of the CD in my house, my car, my wife's car, and my office just so I can listen to it anytime the need arises.

At Dawn is a great song and a great opener.  It really sets up the rest of the album in my mind.  Really puts you in the mood to be blown away.  The Way That He Sings, Honest Man, XMas Curtain, and Just Because I Do are great songs to rock out to.  Hopefully is very special for the wife and I.  I Needed It Most and Strangulation send chills up my spine everytime I hear them.  Actually get a little knot in my throat sometimes when listening to Strangulation (usually with a little help from my friends at Coors Brewing Company).  I would love to see that song performed live.

I guess I am gonna have to listen to the album now......