Main Menu

mixtapes

Started by eiseyrokker, Jul 26, 2006, 03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

or discs, really. but list your favorite ones you've made. and which ones seem to have "won" people over.

I made one today for someone. she actually requested me to make one for her, which is frickin awesome. she also pulled it out of thin air, without me mentioning them first. i think she's proabbly heard something and was somewhat enthralled and figured i would be the perfect person to hook her up? i dunno, but she's one pretty darn cool female.

anyways, she's a mamas and the papas fan, so "Dream A Little Dream of Me" was a must for this. here's the track list...

At Dawn
Lowdown
The Way That He Sings
Golden
Where To Begin
Dream A Little Dream Of Me
I Will Sing You Songs
Steam Engine
How Could I know
Mahgeeta
Lay Low
Anytime
One Big Holiday
Old September Blues (Gayed out version - from ch. 1)

think that oughtta win her over? there's no off the record, but i think that's forgivable? i wanted her to hear the stuff that's left the biggest impression on me, and while off the record truly rocks, i think it needs to be experienced live, or in the full context of Z. it's like, Off The Record is a damn rocking song, but I don't think it's quite how I would sum the Jacket up. But then, you know what, maybe I need to. Who knows, I may be bringin her to some shows when they show back up in the states. I'll turn that "who knows" into a "hopefully". Which is entirely more punnerific than it really shoulda been?

It's late. I was an idiot and took a two hour nap at 5:30. I will probably not sleep more than three hours tonight. maybe i should do something productive.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Jernigan

Just a quick comment here....I just bought Chapter 1 yesterday, and At Dawn. I haven't opened At Dawn ( I'm driving back home to Detroit tomorrow, and am saving it for that very intimate moment ) <<That was gay....anyhow, I did however open Chapter 1.

They Ran accoustic blew me away....I'm still picking up the pieces. And Olde Sept. Blues (ga-ed out version ) is really something as well.

Sorry If I ruined this post, but I felt compelled to share that really quick before I start work.

Cheers,
MJ

dragonboy

Great thread Tom. Do you know what, I've never made a MMJ mixtape/CD. I only really make mixes for myself these day & MMJ is the only band where I can (& want) to play their albums the whole way through in the correct song order.
I put Phone Went West on a tape for a buddy once but I don't really make tapes for friends anymore (everyone just downloads what they want, right?)
If I was to make a mixtape, though, it would start with Where To Begin...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

QuoteJust a quick comment here....I just bought Chapter 1 yesterday, and At Dawn. I haven't opened At Dawn ( I'm driving back home to Detroit tomorrow, and am saving it for that very intimate moment ) <<That was gay....anyhow, I did however open Chapter 1.

They Ran accoustic blew me away....I'm still picking up the pieces. And Olde Sept. Blues (ga-ed out version ) is really something as well.

Sorry If I ruined this post, but I felt compelled to share that really quick before I start work.

Cheers,
MJ

I wish I could have that feeling again of having a fresh MMJ album to explore......

As far as the mix tape, I made this one for a friend once.  It started out when I picked all the songs at 247 minutes so I had to trim a few things. ;)

I didn't put Z on it becuase that album was made to stand alone. IMO.  

At Dawn
The Bear
O Is The One
Golden
Death Is The Easy Way
Why Don't You Love Me?
Phone Went West
Masterplan
The Way That He Sings
Old Sept Blues
Tyrone (A must on any mix tape)
Bermuda HWY (Chpt 2 version)  (Helllo?)
I Will Be There When You Die (Chptr 2 version)
When Will They Come? Damn I love this song
Sooner
Steam Engine
I Think I'm Going To Hell
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

October

i usually include Bermuda Highway, Steam Engine, PWW, One Big Holiday, Lowdown, I Will Be There When You Die, and Wordless

if at least one of those doesn't catch their attention, there's probably no point going any further

TEO

Just made my Bonnaroo CD. Had to keep it under 80 min. so I selected these 12 jewels:
Wordless Chorus
One Big Holiday
Lowdown
At Dawn
Golden
Gideon
Dondante
Dancefloors
Anytime
I Will Sing You Songs
Phone Went West
Run Thru

I do not know about anyone else, but this looks like it will kick some ASS!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary