The MMJ Mile High Club

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 07, 2006, 07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

I'm taking my chances on a big jet plane, today... and I'm taking several MMJ albums with me, of course. As I was trying to pick out which albums I'm taking with me, I was wondering how many of you guys have been airborne listening to My Morning Jacket?

Club Members Sign Here :
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

dragonboy

Flying to Paris earlier this year I listened to all four of the studio albums in order back-to-back for the first time. I can't sleep on airplanes...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

i've watched the conan and letterman performances way up in the clouds on one of my trips home to chicago. that's about as crazy as i've gone. you should take a picture of yourself in the bathroom with your mmj shirt on.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

doEVILslittle

flying to and from italy listened to tons of mmj

SMc55

Just never let 'em tell you that they're all the same  ;)

Meddle

This year on my way from Memphis to Anchorage I listened to all four studio albums as well as 2 archived shows... I guess I'm qualified. ;D
...And Some Are Angels...

tomEisenbraun

was the sea red and sky grey?

how could tomorrow ever follow today?!

MMJ_fanatic

Mountains and the canyons start to tremble and shake as the children of the sun begin to wake
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SMc55

;D

Seriously, I can't listen to music when I'm flying because I have to concentrate. I hate flying and worry that, if I don't concentrate hard enough, whatever is keeping the plane up will stop  :-/

One day, though, I'm going to California.....

tomEisenbraun

good ol Dan Bernoulli won't letcha down. seriously. did a report on him in seventh grade. man knew his stuff. figured out why planes and birds stay up and whys kateboarding downhill with rocket wings attached won't work out too much in your favor for flying. aerodynamics and whatnot.

respek.

SMc55

Thanks Tom, I'll look him up. I flew to Ireland last week, and got the seat next to the emergency door so I had the special instructions on how to open it. I just kept going through the procedure in my head until we landed - luckily it was only a 50 minute flight (and I had greggy & son to meet me at the airport  :D)

wordawg

Someone told me there's a girl out there
with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair

This might have been Ireland, not Cal if orni A
the future is Ginger

SMc55

QuoteSomeone told me there's a girl out there
with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair

This might have been Ireland, not Cal if orni A

:D

EAZYE

Listened to all their albums on the ipod when I flew from oklahoma to albany to see them open for pearl jam.  Then listened to them on the train to Hartford to see them the next night.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

dragonboy

QuoteSeriously, I can't listen to music when I'm flying because I have to concentrate. I hate flying and worry that, if I don't concentrate hard enough, whatever is keeping the plane up will stop  :-/

One day, though, I'm going to California.....
I used to love flying but I've travelled so many times from Japan to the UK now that I'm sick of it. It doesn't help that my parents now live in Spain & there are no direct flights from Japan, not even from Tokyo  :-/

Turbulence freaks me out...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

listened on the plane to nashville and back two years ago.
listened on the plane to saskatchewan last summer.
listened on the plane to alabama this year.  

listened on a bus to kentucky last year.
listened on a bus to montreal last year.
listened on the road trip last year.

it's a rare occasion if i don't have at least one mmj record in my bag when i have my walkman.

JacketGal

Since 2004, I've listened to the Jacket on every flight I've been on. ;D The iPod is great for that. There's nothing like hearing  the mystical sounds of the Jacket at 35,000 feet...

"how long can you stay?
I been waitin all day......"
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

fan75

QuoteSince 2004, I've listened to the Jacket on every flight I've been on. ;D The iPod is great for that. There's nothing like hearing  the mystical sounds of the Jacket at 35,000 feet...

"how long can you stay?
I been waitin all day......"
When I first saw the title I thought it was "doing it on a plane, while listening to MMJ ( :o :D)", which would certainly be interesting  ::)...but even listening to them at all on a plane would certainly be cool.

Still though w/the very recent UK-US terrorist scare, are passengers even allowed to bring iPods, etc. on airplanes anymore, or is it just International flghts?
http://savefile.com/projects/808465307
[url]http://savefile.com/projects/808465344[/url]

JacketGal

HAHAH, I really think that would be multi-tasking at it's best. Doing it, listeing to the Jacket, fitting in that horribly small bathroom - all while flying!  :D  :o

I've just heard that iPods are now allowed. Which is sooo good because, I fly out from Chicago to Denver tomorrow, and how I would miss the Jacket! :D

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.