Bright Eyes contribution?

Started by katehsmc, Aug 30, 2006, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katehsmc

Does anyone know what Jim James does on B.E.'s latest, and on what songs? I'd like to download some before I go out and buy it. Not really interested just in Bright Eyes.
Thanks.

Dee.

He sings background on the song 'At the Bottom of Everything' from the album I'm Wide Awake It's Morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHic8R-zc8c
Listen for this:
While my mother waters plants
My father loads his gun
He says death will give us back to God
Just like the setting sun
Is returned to the lonesome ocean

Ghosts_on_TV

He's going to be on the new one as well.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

BH

That is a great song really.  I always want to crank up Jim just a tad. :)  I have always loved songs that had two people singing the same thing in different ways like Roger Waters does with himself on Southhampton Dock from The Final Cut.  I know Conor annoys some people here, but the Lollapalooza performance I saw on the Blue room was really good.  Maybe even third best behind you know who and Andrew Bird.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteThat is a great song really.  I always want to crank up Jim just a tad. :)  I have always loved songs that had two people singing the same thing in different ways like Roger Waters does with himself on Southhampton Dock from The Final Cut.  I know Conor annoys some people here, but the Lollapalooza performance I saw on the Blue room was really good.  Maybe even third best behind you know who and Andrew Bird.

I personally love bright eyes. Every show I've ever seen them play (which is about eight), has been fantastic. Looking foward to the new one. Jim, M. Ward, Gillian Welch, David Rawlings, the drummer from Sleater-Kinney (Forget her name)...all on it. Should be out around April, with an EP preceeding it.

katehsmc

Have you ever seen him with a huge backing band? The first time I saw him was at a small venue. I had heard a few songs and was not at all interested in going, but a guy I liked asked me, so I went. I was blown away. It was awesome. There must have been about 14 people crammed on that stage at once, each with a different instrument. The next time I saw him, at the same place, he was alone and it wasn't very exciting. All the obnoxious 16 year old girls standing up front talking on their cell phones didn't help the situation. Not the sort of show where you should be talking at all really.
I was pleasantly suprised when Jim James joined him onstage at Bonnaroo this year though. Wish I'd seen him tour with them and M. Ward.

Angry Ewok

I like his lyrics, but I'm tired of his constipated voice. Me and my girl couldn't take him for more than four or five songs at Bonnaroo.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteHave you ever seen him with a huge backing band? The first time I saw him was at a small venue. I had heard a few songs and was not at all interested in going, but a guy I liked asked me, so I went. I was blown away. It was awesome. There must have been about 14 people crammed on that stage at once, each with a different instrument. The next time I saw him, at the same place, he was alone and it wasn't very exciting. All the obnoxious 16 year old girls standing up front talking on their cell phones didn't help the situation. Not the sort of show where you should be talking at all really.
I was pleasantly suprised when Jim James joined him onstage at Bonnaroo this year though. Wish I'd seen him tour with them and M. Ward.

Yeah, I saw that. It was the lifted tour, and it was 19 people. M. Ward was actually one of them. One of my favorite BE shows, actually. The BE, Jim, M.Ward shows were fantastic as well.