Let's get these b-sides out there!

Started by Nikkogino, Sep 28, 2006, 01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Okay, I have looked at some threads and talked to some people and seeing as there are a lot of people who don't have some of the more "rare" MMJ tracks, I figure they can be posted here in Yousendit form or people can just leave their email addresses and requests.  I for one am in need of "chills," "how could i know?" and "where to begin."  I'm sure a lot of others need these files as well.  Anyone want to share the love?

corey

Nikkogino

a)  How Could I Know:  You have to buy Z in its entirety to get this track.  I would never buy Z on itunes....I already have a copy, and I think it would be dumb to buy another one.

b)  Chills isn't on i-tunes.

c)  Where to Begin:  You have to buy the entire Elizabethtown soundtrack....I don't want the entire Elizabethtown soundtrack...I want that one track.

Come on though...these are EXTREMELY good MMJ tracks that some fans aren't getting.  I think it is important for everyone to get their hands on these.

CC

how could i know/chills:
http://www.mymorningjacket.com/offtherecord.html
you can get it pretty cheap at amazon,ebay,etc.

Nikkogino

I always tell people that the guys on the MMJ boards are so helpful!  Yeah, Amazon has it for real cheap!  13 bucks for two songs!

Since when did people get so holier-than-thou about b-sides?

(KEEP IN MIND I HAVE BOUGHT EVERY MMJ ALBUM...SOMETIMES MORE THAN ONCE TO SPREAD THE LOVE TO OTHER PEOPLE)...but you are right...asking for a b-side is wrong and I am a jerk for not living in Japan (Chills) or being a person who wants to buy the album with booklet (and doesn't want to buy the album again on i-tunes to get one song)(how could i know) or being a person who doesn't want to buy a whole soundtrack to get one song (where to begin).

But yeah, I'm just wrong...sorry guys.  
I'm sure Jim would be totally pissed at me for liking his band so much and wanting to get some B-SIDES for less than $13.

I would be happy to buy each for 99c or so just because I love and respect the band, but having to buy whole albums or $13 singles is ridiculous.

jo_mama

Im in the same boat buddy. I couldnt agree with u more!

realdeal

EAZYE

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

CC

try amazon uk. only 2 pints. 3 and a half songs.
i'm just saying... giving you options... take it easy...

sweatboard

The band's official web-site isn't really the place to be openly giving their music away for free.  I think everyone can agree on that.  I think people here are very helpful but I think mabey your approach was a bit off.  
There's Still Time.........

tomEisenbraun

haha, yeah. and arguing with the boardmaster about legitimately buying music probably isn't going to go too far.

;)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Nikkogino

QuoteThe band's official web-site isn't really the place to be openly giving their music away for free.  I think everyone can agree on that.  I think people here are very helpful but I think mabey your approach was a bit off.  

Yeah...you are right.  And it isn't MMJ's fault...its i-tunes.  I would love to buy these songs legally.  I am all for supporting my favorite band.  I just hate how itunes tries to screw people like us into buying whole albums to get 1 song.  

To tell you the truth, I already had these songs a while back but my CPU messed up and they got lost.  I have also seen others who want to hear them.  To me, I feel like people should be able to EASILY access these great songs.  Anyway, for people who want these tracks, PM me and I'll hook you up as soon as I get them.  And I won't feel bad about it either because (like I said), I have supported this band in many ways including buying extra copies and turning tons of people onto them.  

Sorry for seeming like I was yelling at you CC...I wasn't...I just miss not being able to listen to those songs.  I NEED CHILLSsssSSSSSsssssssssssssssss.

Peace.