Started by Nikkogino, Sep 30, 2006, 08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Can You See The Hard Helmet On My Head?
Rollin' Back.
Why Don't You Love Me? (cover....)
By My Car
Weeks Go By Like Days
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Tore

I think I'd have to say I Just Wanted To Say and Rollin Back, but then I also have to agree that overrated isn't a very good word to use, since pretty much everyone here love pretty much every song.  :D
I agree, overlooked is a better word.

There is only one My Morning Jacket song i skip, and thats Honest Man. And if someone where to say they love, be my guest, say its underrated....   :o

Jellyfish

QuoteThere is only one My Morning Jacket song i skip, and thats Honest Man. And if someone where to say they love, be my guest, say its underrated....   :o
I agree,Honest Man seems to be out of place on At Dawn..it disrupts the feel of the album.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

marktwain

I agree,Honest Man seems to be out of place on At Dawn..it disrupts the feel of the album.

I love Honest Man.  especially live.

tomEisenbraun

sometimes your guitar will fall from your body
and crash straight down to the floor
and you're wonderin' if your guitar will see the next day through...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ratsprayer

i don't like rollin back.

sue me.

i guess overlooked or 'not talked about much' would probably better describe a lot of these songs mentioned in the thread.  my choice would be 'they ran'.  it's such a powerfully emotional song, and it's just about someone taking off with a fucking lighter.  that's a gift right there, folks.

SiOuxTribe

Easy Morning Rebel and or Honest Man and quite a few from TTF
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

rob

QuoteUnderrated = Rollin Back.One of my favs that hardly ever gets played live or talked about much..

Exactly. LOVE this song! I can't even believe someone can sing like that........unreal......amazing.
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

aMD

honest man is a great song, but is kind of out of place on the album.  I've never been real into rollin back though.

oh, and I can't believe I forgot Hard Helmet.  I LOVE that song.

Billo

Can't get into They Ran and Into the Woods I avoid.  
The first minute or so of Easy Morning Rebel is barely tolerable.   The horns provide salvation.

ManNamedTruth

Quotehonest man is a great song, but is kind of out of place on the album.  I've never been real into rollin back though.

oh, and I can't believe I forgot Hard Helmet.  I LOVE that song.
At Dawn would be too mellow without Honest Man, you have to have some rock, right? Also love the transition from Honest Man to X-mas Curtain, could you really picture that album without those two back to back tracks?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

megisnotreal

Easy Morning Rebel

I would say Strangulation. No, wait! I mean, If It Smashes Down. Yep. That's it! I love that song, btw.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

EAZYE

Lowdown, but that's just me. ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away