Weird noises in OKONOKOS?

Started by AngryEwok, Oct 12, 2006, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

Okonokos has been out a while, now, so I figured I'd go ahead and post this... has anyone else noticed any weird noises in the performances?

I Will Sing You Songs is one of the standouts when it comes to indescribably weird sounds inbedded into the performance... The best description I can pin to it would be whale-like whirring noises, most audibly at about 4:30-5:00 minutes into the song... What is this? Am I crazy?

I'll post more when I come across it - there are a few songs with weird noises... I just hope I'm not alone in hearing this stuff.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Ghosts_on_TV

I thought this was going to be about the noises after Mahgeetah. I've never noticed anything, but I'll take a closer listen and post back. Interesting...
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

tomEisenbraun

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangit.

come on, Angry. could you just wait til the thirtieth to post crap like this? I mean, yarrrrgh. I already almost ditched the hiatus today because it was so At Dawn-y outside. And then this?

Mrrrrrfffflxnplgggt.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Tore

Those whale noises are actually just Jim sliding the guitar neck while he sings in the quiet parts of I Will Sing You Songs. I have noticed that in earlier bootlegs, and he did it again at the Astoria. That's how i found out. Actually a brilliant piece of detail.

evilPaauwe

Quotedaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangit.

come on, Angry. could you just wait til the thirtieth to post crap like this? I mean, yarrrrgh. I already almost ditched the hiatus today because it was so At Dawn-y outside. And then this?

Mrrrrrfffflxnplgggt.

what?
cheers.

Angry Ewok

You're out of the loop, Pawueveeve... Poor Tom was trying to go a few days without listening to MMJ, thinking that somehow it'd increase his appreciation for the gospel of Jim James.

It's like menopause for the ears, or something.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

Hahahaha.

Dude, all I've listened to by then so far is "Hot Legs" because I pretty much had to. And yesterday was so At Dawn-y that I started the album up, but got thirty seconds into the beginning noises and realized how awesome the band is, and how I definitely had not waited long enough to justify listening to it yet. So I quickly put on some m. ward instead.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

BH

Tom, I was thinking, you could listen to It Beats 4 U and call it an Andrew Bird song featuring My Morning Jacket.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

Haha! At Dawny outside, I love it.

Ghosts_on_TV

It was At dawny outside yesterday, actually.