Random MMJ Use

Started by john_coktoseton, Oct 10, 2006, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john_coktoseton

Anyone else in the US hear MMJ as they were going to break in the ALCS? Third inning I think. Feel free to add any random MMJ  randoms. I remember Aspen Extreme beer using Magheetah for a commercial. Always to get a cool surprise like that.

aMD

john_coktoseton

Mageetah. Just a couple cords, but made my night along with the Tigers getting a win.  :)

SMc55

A bit of MMJ was played on a trailer for The Sopranos here in the UK the oher day.

realdeal

QuoteAnyone else in the US hear MMJ as they were going to break in the ALCS? Third inning I think. Feel free to add any random MMJ  randoms. I remember Aspen Extreme beer using Magheetah for a commercial. Always to get a cool surprise like that.

Thats cool. Last year I remember them playing Magheetah during a Red Sox game on Fox.

hey, does your screen name have any reference to the movie Fletch when he introduces himself to the lady playing tennis. if so, then you are cool with me.

nkdgunner

heard the beginning of OBH during the CBS football pre-game......really got my juices going for the day.  :D
later that same day, my roommate said, "do you hear the Jacket playing?" So I checked it out and a girl down on the street had Gideon blaring from her car. It was the radio, but it's always a breath of fresh air to hear any song.

suebeeboo

O! O! O!  I got one!  I got one!  One Big Holiday is in a movie called "Stick It"  about gymnastics or gym-nasty as they show it to be.  I was really impressed because for some reason I didn't get it while I was watching the movie (like I've said before....RE-tard), but when I was driving my daughter's girlfriend home I was playing It Still Moves and when One Big Holiday came on, Maria was like, "Hey!  That's the song from the movie!"  EXCELLENT!   :o
other times I can barely see

rugbird

Wasn't that lilting little guitar figure from Mageetah on a car commercial last year?

EAZYE

a short bit of guitar playing from OBH was played right before commercial break in the A's- Tiger opening game the other night.  Damn near shat myself
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

suebeeboo

QuoteDamn near shat myself

That's HILARIOUS!!!!!   ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
(I hate to say this but I "LOL'd" on that one!)
other times I can barely see

aMD

today at school there was an assembly where we watched a video with pictures of the kids from school and half way through what starts but ONE BIG HOLIDAY!!! I was knocked off my ass.  The kids started clapping along but couldn't keep the beat once it kicked in.

So then I find out one of our fifth grade girls picked out the music for the video.  And then I found out one of the teacher's at the school has a 16 year-old son who is a huge mmj fan with posters on his wall.  it's crazy thinking the boys are getting this huge.

JacketGal

Wow, 5th graders into the Jacket? That is wild....

I heard our local radio station, WXRT in Chicago using "Off the Record" as the background music for a Live Compilation (Live from the Archives Vol. 9) the station puts out each year. I guess the version from 11-22-05 at the Vic will be included on this edition...which makes a jacket heart happy.  8)
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

BIGVICLBI

just heard obh on cbs for the pre-game show. pretty awesome.

HailHailPJ

Quotejust heard obh on cbs for the pre-game show. pretty awesome.

yeah that was great

MMJ_fanatic

This one is kinda upsetting--I was tuned into a talk show on the AM band one night driving home from work and I heard a snippet of "Dancefloors" as bumper music  :-/
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

megisnotreal

QuoteThis one is kinda upsetting--I was tuned into a talk show on the AM band one night driving home from work and I heard a snippet of "Dancefloors" as bumper music  :-/

Ah, that probably means there's someone working for that AM station who hates the programs they play and who wants to sneak in some Jacket whenever possible.  ;)

MMJ_fanatic

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic to hear a clip but AM...weird
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.