How often do you listen to the Jacket?

Started by JacketGirl, Aug 02, 2006, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketGal

Just curious, how often do you listen to MMJ? Lately, it seems like every day I have to listen to something....love this addiction.

Now playing~ 9-27-03 "Old September Blues"

;D :D
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

ChiefOKONO

sometimes i think about this and the answer usually is NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!

AAaaaaaaaahhhh!!!   :D

realdeal

Now playing: Jim James live @ wxpn music fest

jrat

now listening to Gnarls Barkley, but i just had MMJ on for my shower, and will be hearing lots this weekend in Wasaga Beach. im always the resident DJ for this long weekend ,allday all night boozebash, so ill make sure to hear them at least 8 hours a day ;) , like i usually do here at home
wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream - pink floyd

fan75

QuoteJust curious, how often do you listen to MMJ? Lately, it seems like every day I have to listen to something....love this addiction.

Now playing~ 9-27-03 "Old September Blues"

;D :D
Every day @ the moment!  :D  Mostly a few things I downloaded though, and the Bonaroo clips on YouTube... ;)
http://savefile.com/projects/808465307
[url]http://savefile.com/projects/808465344[/url]

Jaimoe

Every couple of weeks. I don't listen to music on a steady basis.

sleezy_morning_reb

Daily.  Lately I've found myself having to hear the 2006 Bonnaroo version of Dondante at least once a day, or else my chi is not harnessed.
I'm ready for it now!

joey_rogo

Almost every day. . .especially while driving to work, helps me stay calm.

EAZYE

I try to restrain myself to every other day so as to not O.D. on the addictive fix that is the jacket.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

MMJ_fanatic

at least every other day somehting by these guys is ringing in my ears... :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

SiOuxTribe

Everyday, since December, with the off days where I'm not around a cd player.  I did go about 2 days last week while in Quebec though.  THen I had to get drunk and walk around the hotel listening to At Dawn to fix it.
Passion dripping from the coyote's eyes,
He can taste his blood,
An' blood never lies,
Pale face die. - Kiedis

DD

usually daily for about 6 months after an album comes out.

then every once in a while after that.  there's too much other music out there im exploring now.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

BH

I recently tried to go 4 days with no Jacket.  I wanted to see if I could do it, because I was afraid I had a problem.  All the signs were there.  No sleep.  Lots of unexplaind tears.  The urge to hug complete strangers.  Sore neck.  Ears bleeding.  The opening beat to O is the One playing in my head over and over and over and over.......

Well, three days in I had to drive 6 hours to Cincinnati for work.  There they were staring at me from the passenger door pocket, looking at me with those deep evil/angelic eyes.  I was helpless to stop it.  I fell off the wagon.   I got so fucked up on Early Recordings that I could barely scrape my brain up off the floor.  Then I chased it down with a nose full of Z and then mellowed the whole thing out with a two foot chamber pull off of At Dawn.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TheBri-Man

Every day for as long as I can remember

tomEisenbraun

not too horribly often. but i will get cravings. and when i got those cravings, they normally last. normally if I put in ISM, it'll stay in for a couple days. i think i kind of studio'd myself out a while ago, so it's hard to take the entire albums on. but like, At Dawn and Tennessee Fire have special places in my soul, and when the vibe is right, there's no better album.

i think At Dawn is getting thrown on right about....now.

thank you for this thread.

:)
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tomEisenbraun

end of Xmas Curtain sound ridiculously similar (but not in a rip-off kind of way) to Layla's ending?

thoughts?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ManNamedTruth

Quoteend of Xmas Curtain sound ridiculously similar (but not in a rip-off kind of way) to Layla's ending?

thoughts?

I too noticed that song has a Clapton kinda feel to it.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

megisnotreal

my car has a ten-disc cd player, and i cannot remember a time that mmj cd's didn't fill up at least 5 slots.

ChiefOKONO

interesting thought. i never connected it with layla but great point!

Quoteend of Xmas Curtain sound ridiculously similar (but not in a rip-off kind of way) to Layla's ending?

thoughts?