Bizarre Dondante occurrence

Started by mylifeisought, Dec 01, 2006, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyLifeISought

This morning, i sit down in my dorm room, pop in the Okonokos DVD, and throw on Dondante. There's a breeze outside. Right around the time that the first solo starts (right after "never left these streets"), the wind started to build. By the time "You had me worried" hit, it had built to a full-scale windstorm outside, in just a minute. And, right at the point where jim screams and starts the solo, the wind rips the screen off my window! The wind slowly died down, and the sun came out during Carl's sax solo. Then, right as the sax solo ended, it started to snow.
Weirdest 11 minutes EVER...
"Music is my savior
I was tamed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
Got my name from rock and roll"
-Wilco

ycartrob

QuoteThis morning, i sit down in my dorm room, pop in the Okonokos DVD, and throw on Dondante. There's a breeze outside. Right around the time that the first solo starts (right after "never left these streets"), the wind started to build. By the time "You had me worried" hit, it had built to a full-scale windstorm outside, in just a minute. And, right at the point where jim screams and starts the solo, the wind rips the screen off my window! The wind slowly died down, and the sun came out during Carl's sax solo. Then, right as the sax solo ended, it started to snow.

that either really happened, or you're really stoned (or both).

sweatboard

Cosmic Occurances seem to surround this band.  I've had a similar experience but it was in the form of the most powerful thunderstorm you could possibly imagine.  I was all alone in my house and really emotional about a bunch of stuff and I put on some live MMJ turned off all the lights and cranked it up all the way, and started danceing my ass off and during a part where I was feeling that everything was going to be all right and the music had built to an epic peek it was like this huge weight was lifting off me, I started crying and smiling all at once and at that moment I heard the loudest crack of thunder explode over the roof of my house.  I went outside on the porch and watched God just put on the most amazing light and sound show, it was like he was releasing everything that I had built up inside me.
There's Still Time.........

peanut butter puddin surprise

then again, there's always the Bonnaroo performance with the storm in tow....
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MyLifeISought

that either really happened, or you're really stoned (or both).
Haven't smoked weed since April. It really happened.
"Music is my savior
-Wilco

ManNamedTruth

QuoteThis morning, i sit down in my dorm room, pop in the Okonokos DVD, and throw on Dondante. There's a breeze outside. Right around the time that the first solo starts (right after "never left these streets"), the wind started to build. By the time "You had me worried" hit, it had built to a full-scale windstorm outside, in just a minute. And, right at the point where jim screams and starts the solo, the wind rips the screen off my window! The wind slowly died down, and the sun came out during Carl's sax solo. Then, right as the sax solo ended, it started to snow.

Its just a coincidence. The weather is crazy here today too. Like crazy wind and rain.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

JacketGal

Its just a coincidence. The weather is crazy here today too. Like crazy wind and rain.
Ahh, but take what you have gathered from coincidence!

What a great story mylife...

I had a George Harrison occurence once. I was on a cruise ship in January 2002...he had left us the November before. I was on the deck taking a coffee and cig break. I vaguely was aware that music was playing and suddenly I realized it was My Sweet Lord....and I was touched - I LOVED George, still do. And then I look out to the sea as the sun is rising there was a light rain falling....and as soon as George sings "I really want to see you Lord", a rainbow shot across the entire sky! (Even as I type this I get goose bumps.) I started to cry and smile all at once...whatever the reality is, beauty abounds in our experiences. :) Peace.
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Bam_Bam

Yeah one time me and my friend were eating skyline chilli at a bardstown parking lot. And i was at a point in my life where i hadn't really listend to much different music so it all was kind of the same....so we listend to 90.5 which is a classical station. I parked. and right as i was about to take my first f*cking bite of that delicious cheesy coney tastiness......a huge crescendo of classical music on an upward major scale.......straight out of a movie i swear to it.
[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

Angry Ewok

Today at the grocery, I thought I heard MMJ on the speakers... but then realized I had just failed to switch my iPod off as I stepped inside. Woops.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

MyLifeISought

QuoteYeah one time me and my friend were eating skyline chilli at a bardstown parking lot. And i was at a point in my life where i hadn't really listend to much different music so it all was kind of the same....so we listend to 90.5 which is a classical station. I parked. and right as i was about to take my first f*cking bite of that delicious cheesy coney tastiness......a huge crescendo of classical music on an upward major scale.......straight out of a movie i swear to it.

Damn you. I'm at school where there is no Skyline. And you just made me crave it very badly...
"Music is my savior
-Wilco

el_chode

QuoteToday at the grocery, I thought I heard MMJ on the speakers... but then realized I had just failed to switch my iPod off as I stepped inside. Woops.

reminds me of the time when i was in toronto for the RPS tourney and we were scanning the radio and stopped on 89.1 when i heard phone went west and i thought toronto was the coolest city ever...

...then i realized my ipod was still on and playing through the radio transmitter
I'm surrounded by assholes