Main Menu

Meaning?

Started by suspek, Dec 12, 2006, 03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspek

Maybe this has already been discussed, but just wonderin what everybody thought what the begining of the Oko DVD meant (party seen).

One of my thoughts on the begining of the DVD is how nature is the only pure thing left in the world, maybe most peps are on auto pilot and are obsesed with prominace or self worth and not what really makes life worth livin, or peps who are different and can make a differance are generaly not excepted (just a few of my many thoughts of the meaning).

Angry Ewok

Maybe it was a just a fun excuse to get the band's family and friends in era attire and on TV, acting totally out of character? Everything doesn't have to have some sort of 'white guilt' social statement embedded into it.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

I think it's a statment about white guilt, pure and simple.

megisnotreal

I think it's a statement on bears and alpacas attempting or failing to conform to post-Victorian standards of conduct.

;)

TEO

Anyone rejected by the norms of society can seek comfort and be accepted by the warm womb of the Jacket.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

primushead

QuoteI think it's a statement on bears and alpacas attempting or failing to conform to post-Victorian standards of conduct.

;)

DEEP.

MMJ_fanatic

I think Jim is very in tune with the richness and beauty of bygone eras and nature all at once and wanted to express his appreciation for both in the opening of this awesome concert film.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ManNamedTruth

Its art, open to interpretation. I think everyone's answer is right. The thing I think about most is the guys reaction when he first sees the alpaca. Do you think he's surprised because he never seen such a creature?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

CTdeadhead

QuoteI think it's a statement on bears and alpacas attempting or failing to conform to post-Victorian standards of conduct.

;)
Obviously... ;)

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteIts art, open to interpretation. I think everyone's answer is right. The thing I think about most is the guys reaction when he first sees the alpaca. Do you think he's surprised because he never seen such a creature?
I think he's excited because he is dedicated to bestiality :o
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

megisnotreal

;)

and the difficulty said bears and aplacas face in apapting those standards in self-reflective terms during a time in which the atmosphere is transitioning from one of romantic neo-classism to modernity...

and, for humans,  exploring one's "inner alpaca"--i.e.: ability to rock.

see the random guy, he meets the alpaca and is hesitant, but follows his instinct... and is rewarded with a totally suprise and kick-ass rock and roll show. this represents the inherent good that results in delving into one's creative side.

after the rock, he deserts his aplaca (which, again, is a physical representation of his artistic self...  by deserting the alpaca, he is attempting to return to the "real world" and standards of society which repress his creativity), and what happens?

he gets eaten by a mother fuckin' bear.

the moral here is: never stop rocking.

Second moral: English majors can make a seemingly valid analysis out of anything.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........