Tennessee Fire & At Dawn Demos Re-Released

Started by LaurieBlue, Jan 04, 2007, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieBlue

http://harpmagazine.com/news/detail.cfm?article=10784

My Morning Jacket To Re-release Rare Demos Collection
Fred Mills
January 4, 2007
Discography-wise, My Morning Jacket has consistently been a collector's wet dream, issuing overseas-only singles and EPs, vinyl versions of their full-lengths containing tracks not available on CD (the 4-LP boxed set for last year's "Okonokos" included three exclusive songs, for example) and limited-edition bonus discs. In practically every instance, particularly as the Louisville group's star has risen, these artifacts have all been rapid sellouts, leaving MMJ fans gnashing their teeth and rending their clothing in frustration.
On February 12, MMJ's early label, Darla, helps ease the pain by issuing a special CD bearing the self-explanatory title "Tennessee Fire & At Dawn Demos." According to a statement from the label, "[MMJ founder\ Jim James dug up [material] from his own personal archive, each track recorded during the term of MMJ's agreement with Darla. When we originally released My Morning Jacket's 2001 epic 'At Dawn' the first 2500 CDs and 1000 LPs came with a bonus demos disc, which was like another 'At Dawn' in itself. This has long been out of print now and we frequently receive requests for it. The beloved demos disc will be available once again with the addition of seven choice demo versions from 1999's 'The Tennessee Fire' sessions as well."
TRACKLISTING:
1. L.O.Z. intro 2. the way that he sings (demo) 3. lowdown (demo) 4. hopefully (demo) 5. bermuda highway (demo) 6. just because i do (demo) 7. at dawn (demo) 8. i needed it most (demo) 9. lead me father (demo) 10. phone went west (demo) 11. chills (demo) 12. heartbreakin man (demo) 13. the bear (demo) 14. picture of you (demo) 15. i think i'm going to hell (demo) 16. butch Cassidy (demo) 17. magic man 18. lil billy (rough-live nashville 2001) 19. war begun (live wfpk 2000) 20. twilight (live wfpk 2000)
So it appears that with this disc plus the two CDs worth of Darla-era demos and rarities ("The Sandworm Cometh" and "Learning") the label issued in 2004, most of the elusive MMJ back catalog is all in print. Consult Darla.com or MyMorningJacket.com for further illumination and elaboration.

BH

Hell Has Frozen Over!

;D

Happy Valentines Day To ME!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megisnotreal

cmccubbin@work

pre-order from Darla here:

https://www.darla.com/comingSoon/

scroll to the very bottom of the screen!
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

megisnotreal

Quotepre-order from Darla here:

https://www.darla.com/comingSoon/

scroll to the very bottom of the screen!

awwwww shit!
;D  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=dankk2.gif]

BH

Does anyone know what L.O.Z. Intro is?

How about Magic Man?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

JacketGal

I can't WAIT to hear Magic Man. Hot damn, I hope this is really happening!!  [smiley=shocked.gif]

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

peanut butter puddin surprise

I think I just had an accident.  In my PANTS.  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

dragonboy

Haha, I can't believe these are finally going to be released.
Great news!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

QuoteHaha, I can't believe these are finally going to be released.
Great news!

db is back!  How was Hawaii?  Did you get laid?

rob

QuoteHaha, I can't believe these are finally going to be released.
Great news!

db is back!  How was Hawaii?  Did you get laid?

Um....I think he's married, so that should answer your question.......no!  ;D

Can't wait for the demos disc!
"demon eyes are watchin' everywhere"

BH

aMD

Fantastic news! (if this is really happening)

The version of War Begun from WFPK 2000 is stellar.  My cassette copy of that show cuts off Twilight so it'll be cool to finally hear it in full.  That whole show is great.  It might just pop up around here one day. I hope to get a better copy of it someday. I don't know anything about Magic Man, though.

Dee.

tomEisenbraun

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

rob

I hope the sound quality is better than half the stuff on the Early Recordings CDs......ouch, some of that is basically unlistenable.

tomEisenbraun

haha, you serious?! that's half the fun, i think is weeding through the ridiculous production value. especially on stuff that's turned into something beautiful. i can't wait to hear how this turns out. i doubt that they'd put something excessively crappy if it didn't have some sort of redeeming quality to it.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

QuoteI hope the sound quality is better than half the stuff on the Early Recordings CDs......ouch, some of that is basically unlistenable.

what song is unlistenable?  >:( (sorry, you struck a nerve)

rob

QuoteI hope the sound quality is better than half the stuff on the Early Recordings CDs......ouch, some of that is basically unlistenable.

what song is unlistenable?  >:( (sorry, you struck a nerve)

I don't mean the songs/music.....I just meant the sound quality of some of the recordings is beyond rough.