MMJ in SPIN magazine

Started by chunt983, Feb 02, 2007, 06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chunt983

This was probably posted but I was waiting to get my hair cut and I picked up a copy of SPIN, it might have been a few months old, I dunno. But anyways, they had a top 40 of 2006 list and I immediately turned to it to see if MMJ got any respect. Sure enough, #8 for okonokos, and a nice lil paragraph write up about the band. Pretty cool, cause at least in pittsburgh it seems like everyone I ask has never heard of MMJ and it drives me nuts. So to see them amongst other big names in music I'm happy that they got it, even though these lists are usually terrible and meaningless, but it definitely is good for the band.

The DARK

It is indeed.

My local newspaper also loves the band. Two or three of the editors rated Z in their top 3 albums of 2005 (that's partly how I found out about the band) and also gave Okonokos a grade of A.
In another time, in another place, in another face

ManNamedTruth

Whatsup fellow yinzer. I'm from outside of Pittsburgh and also have the problem of finding people into MMJ. Did you make it to Cleveland in dec. for House Of Blues show?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

DaFunkyPrecedent

ha, i did the same thing when i got my Best of 2006 Spin in the mail...what makes it so cool too is that it's the only live album they put in the top 40.  Mad love.  
God damn those shaky knees.

.Walt

thanks for telling me about that. here's the article if anyone missed it as well.
they also have Z in at 13 of 2005
http://www.spin.com/features/magazine/2006/12/0601_40best/
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

chunt983

hey man, glad to see another pittsburgher on here. Ya I have been to cleveland the past few times they played there, you can't beat a 2 hour drive, even though CLEVELAND SUCKS! just kidding. Hopefully they will come to da burgh soon though so i can show all my friends what a real concert is like.

by the way, i just got back from Primantis, can't beat that