Just Think....

Started by cmccubbin@work, Feb 08, 2007, 09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmccubbin@work

that right now somewhere in Louisville JJ # 34 is writing new tunes!!!
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

Coltrane

i just got an erection!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

primushead

Kory

Let it be know that I'll always be available to buy that man's lunch so he can run some lyrics by me... ya hear me Jim?
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

cmccubbin@work

QuoteLet it be know that I'll always be available to buy that man's lunch so he can run some lyrics by me... ya hear me Jim?

My mind is a-glow with whirling transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention!

Ditto!

Ditto?  Taggart...you putz.
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

sweatboard

I like to think he's writting the next great rock opera.  
There's Still Time.........

Ghosts_on_TV

Our asses are going to shake like they have never shaken before once this album drops.  
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

dragonboy

No pressure though Jim! Take your time & take it easy!

And if you need somewhere obscure & out of the way to relax & inspire you then you're very welcome to stay at mine here in Japan  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EAZYE

QuoteLet it be know that I'll always be available to buy that man's lunch so he can run some lyrics by me... ya hear me Jim?

My mind is a-glow with whirling transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention!

Ditto!

Ditto?  Taggart...you putz.

Blazing Saddles ;D  know that one by heart ;)

the thought of a new album makes me feel like a little schoolgirl ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

I predict this will be the Holy Mother of all My Morning Jacket albums.  Jim is in his prime artistic lifeform right now. Just like Jim Morrison was at his age.  

If you have any doubts just listen to Where to begin which I believe is the last song written and recorded by the jacket.  What a masterpiece that song is . I'm about to have a seizure thinking about all the new material flowing through my stereo.
I will be there when you die!

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI predict this will be the Holy Mother of all My Morning Jacket albums.  Jim is in his prime artistic lifeform right now. Just like Jim Morrison was at his age.  

If you have any doubts just listen to Where to begin which I believe is the last song written and recorded by the jacket.  What a masterpiece that song is . I'm about to have a seizure thinking about all the new material flowing through my stereo.

I agree. I have this sound in my head that I can't really describe when I think about how the new album will sound. And it might not really sound like that...but said sound is fucking awesome.

The DARK

Judging from the revival of old songs on the Okonokos tour, it seems like the new album will be very bluesy, but experimental.
In another time, in another place, in another face

The DARK

Creative concept for new album: about 7 songs, but no instrument is used on more than one track. Hey, Carl can play sax, Jim omnichord, and maybe they'll borrow Wax Fang's theramin. Album will close with a 15 minute rock epic, similar to Achilles Last Stand. Anyone else think this would be pretty cool?
In another time, in another place, in another face

.Walt

i'm hoping for "cosmic swamp boogie".
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotei'm hoping for "cosmic swamp boogie".

Thats a good way to put what I'm hearing in my head.  [smiley=thumbup.gif]

.Walt

Quotei'm hoping for "cosmic swamp boogie".

Thats a good way to put what I'm hearing in my head.  [smiley=thumbup.gif]

i know what you mean man. i've really got this sound in my head as well. and words can't describe it at all.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TEO

Since each album just keeps gettin' better this one will be better than Z!  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

MMJ_fanatic

How about "cosmic swamp boogie" meets "astral plane defying introspection"? 8-)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Mr. T.

Last night I was in my bed just thinking about how it must feel to have written all these incredible lyrics and songs, and knowing for the next record you have to write songs that have to measure up to such pure masterpieces as Golden, I think I'm Going to Hell, Don Dante or Steam Engine. That must be hard right?

When you need spiritual guidances Jim, just PM me, I'm totally there for you...
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

cmccubbin@work

QuoteLast night I was in my bed just thinking about how it must feel to have written all these incredible lyrics and songs, and knowing for the next record you have to write songs that have to measure up to such pure masterpieces as Golden, I think I'm Going to Hell, Don Dante or Steam Engine. That must be hard right?

When you need spiritual guidances Jim, just PM me, I'm totally there for you...

i couldn't imagine the pressure that artists like Jim face in their career after they've achieved critical success.  on the first 4 albums i'm sure writing was a little easier for Jim (not to say that it is easy b/c i could NEVER do what he does, but easier for him) b/c they weren't as much in the critics consciousness as they are now.  i'd say every critic is thinking and wanting this album to be the best MMJ record yet and i'm sure they want it to be MMJ's "The Bends."  

its such a weird thing b/c writing music is a creative process, but what if you are in a creative rut or just can't come up with something.  that is immense pressure...trying to force creativity b/c as a music fan and an amatuer (at best) musician it is so hard for me to try to force creativity..it can't be done!  i guess that is why we revere people like Jim so much...they have such an amazing talent that is hardly ever duplicated.

that said...i have ultimate faith in the boys that they will put out a quality record with inspiring, kick a** tunes that will make us love them even more.  CAN'T WAIT for Fall 2007/Winter 2007/ OR Spring 2008!!!