"It Makes No Difference" studio version!

Started by Bookshelf, Nov 21, 2006, 05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAZYE

QuoteFrom allmusic.com:
"Guster's reverent and moving read of "This Wheel's on Fire," opens the set; it's a beautiful place to start because it's followed in true Band fashion by Hornsby's swinging, funky rendition of "King Harvest," only to be underscored by My Morning Jacket's "It Makes No Difference." It's true that nobody could sing this song like Rick Danko, but it's played with such understated passion and tension that it's as necessary a cover as there ever has been."

I thought you were going to be looking at clouds today instead of farting around the internet 8-)  Just a friendly reminder ;)
;D Caught me red handed!
I'm just finishing my weetabix & then i'm off out, promise!

You're punishment shall be to take some more good pictures of said clouds.  Do this and you shall be forgiven ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

ChiefOKONO

This song is pretty freakin awesome!!!

the rest of the disc that i've heard so far is pretty sweet too!!

DaFunkyPrecedent

ahhhhhhh....i am happy now! it sounds like he's singing with all of his heart.  omg.  

I hope Carl does more backing vocals and sax playing on the next album.  they sound wonderful together.  I want to give them all a big old hug for this song.  They deserve it. They really do!
God damn those shaky knees.

JacketGal

The guitar work is extraordinary on this cut. I love it! I have it on repeat!  
Nice work guys!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

el_chode

just heard it on outlaw country of all stations on sirius. it was awesome when they covered it at bonnaroo as well, but it needed the studio polish to make it so my girlfriend could tolerate it haha
I'm surrounded by assholes

ChiefOKONO

I am OFFICIALLY addicted to this song... ahhhh!!   :D

LaurieBlue

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/entertainment/16800328.htm

"My Morning Jacket dusts off "It Makes No Difference" with both a lengthy sax solo and a grungy Neil Young guitar sound. Surprisingly, it's one of the strongest tracks on the CD and an excellent representation of the old meets new. Who would have known that My Morning Jacket had it in them?"

This cracks me up.  People become educated every day I suppose.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

I think we'll forget about this song after the new album, but years later on MMJ's eight millionth world tour they'll bring it out again. And we'll remember how great a song it truly was.

I do hope they play it at Langerado.
In another time, in another place, in another face

DaFunkyPrecedent

...i knew they had it in them. Are people starting to "get it" ???
God damn those shaky knees.

Willard1979

I just got this off of iTunes.  I freaking LOVE it!!  It's SO awesome!!  I've never heard the original, but I'm guessing the MMJ version blows it out of the water!

dragonboy

QuoteI've never heard the original, but I'm guessing the MMJ version blows it out of the water!
Hmm, are you familiar with The Band?
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:9yex97i7krat

Both versions are excellent!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI've never heard the original, but I'm guessing the MMJ version blows it out of the water!
Hmm, are you familiar with The Band?
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:9yex97i7krat

Both versions are excellent!
Yes I think its safe to say we all reccomend The Band to you. You have to see The Last Waltz!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ChiefOKONO

The original is a classic but this cover definitely does it justice!!!!

JacketGal

QuoteThe original is a classic but this cover definitely does it justice!!!!
I have to agree with the Chief, I still can't stop listening to this cover. They went beyond the call of cover versions and into the realm of classic.
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.