So I lent my *boss* the Okonokos...

Started by JacketGirl, Apr 23, 2007, 04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketGal

DVD over the weekend. He came back and said (trying to remember exactly):

"You know we live in a troubling world where there's a lot of pain and anxiety...and these guys take that ugliness and make it into something beautiful...."

I just thought I'd share that with ya'll - since it put a huge smile on my face for it's truth and honesty.

Any good comments from people you've introduced the Jacket to?
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Ghosts_on_TV

"They're pretty fucking good dude..."
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

"you know, I was listening to Don Dante early this evening and I just wanted to thank you again for introducing me to this band"   :)

my resoponse was....You know, if someone were to ask me why do people make music, what is the significance of it, why are people compelled to make it etc. etc.......I think I'd just play that song for them.  
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

"You know we live in a troubling world where there's a lot of pain and anxiety...and these guys take that ugliness and make it into something beautiful...."

I think this is great because I think so many of us feel this way about the "pain and anxiety" of the world around us at this moment, it's comforting to know that there is an outlet besides CNN's nonstop sensationalized coverage to help us to come to terms with it.  People that aren't concerned about a "Bottom Line" or "Approvement Poles"

There's Still Time.........

JacketGal

Quote"You know we live in a troubling world where there's a lot of pain and anxiety...and these guys take that ugliness and make it into something beautiful...."

I think this is great because I think so many of us feel this way about the "pain and anxiety" of the world around us at this moment, it's comforting to know that there is an outlet besides CNN's nonstop sensationalized coverage to help us to come to terms with it.  People that aren't concerned about a "Bottom Line" or "Approvement Poles"

Exactly, it's a damn good thing we got the Jacket around and we can tune the media right out... 8-)

mjkoehler

I hooked a guy up with the LP's and with DVD. He was ehh towards the LP's after the first play. He watched the DVD and was just blown away. And I quote "..I'd fucking go see those guys live. Hoy shit that was amazing."

Another guy at work had only heard a few songs and thought they were decent, then I told him he had to go see them during the Okonokos tour. He came to me the next day and said he is a changed man after that. The combo of the glorious tunage and near seizure inducing light show will do that to you.

Holy shit that was amazing is pretty much what I hear a lot when I hook people up with them.

Ghosts_on_TV

Holy shit that was amazing is pretty much what I hear a lot when I hook people up with them.

Isn't it great? :)

mjkoehler

Isn't it great? :)

Yes it is.

Almost as much as listening to your 8 year old recite the entire Oregon Trail NYE opener (he self edits them thar curse works out for those concerned about an 8 year old droppin the F bomb).

fitzcarraldo

My dad called me a couple of years ago from his car and I heard The Way That He Sings playin in the backround.  -nice- (I left a burned cd mix of MMJ in his car) he was like "Damn Sean, who is this band Full Metal Jacket? They're really great!"   ;D  That made me smile.

My dad hates rock and roll for the most part. His fave is I Will Sing you Songs.  :)

JacketGal

QuoteMy dad called me a couple of years ago from his car and I heard The Way That He Sings playin in the backround.  -nice- (I left a burned cd mix of MMJ in his car) he was like "Damn Sean, who is this band Full Metal Jacket? They're really great!"   ;D  That made me smile.

My dad hates rock and roll for the most part. His fave is I Will Sing you Songs.  :)
That's really cute! JacketMom digs them too. ;D

ahydell

Took my dad to see them @ The Ogden in January and he went nuts.  He's 54 and was quite a music lover when music was much better than today.  He swears that MMJ is "the savior of music".  He can't stop listening to them...
MMJPJ

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteTook my dad to see them @ The Ogden in January and he went nuts.  He's 54 and was quite a music lover when music was much better than today.  He swears that MMJ is "the savior of music".  He can't stop listening to them...

When music was much better than today? I don't agree to that statement.

The DARK

QuoteTook my dad to see them @ The Ogden in January and he went nuts.  He's 54 and was quite a music lover when music was much better than today.  He swears that MMJ is "the savior of music".  He can't stop listening to them...

When music was much better than today? I don't agree to that statement.

It's just as good today...you just need to look in less obvious places.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

DaFunkyPrecedent

after lending my friend Z he asked me:

"do they have any other cds??...are they just as good???"
God damn those shaky knees.