PWW = White Boy Reggae!

Started by dragonboy, May 08, 2007, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

No love for Matisyahu?  :(
In another time, in another place, in another face

ManNamedTruth

Quotehow about d'yer mak'er by led zeppellin? and sublime too?  

UNCUT had this list too: 10 WORST White Reggae Songs*

1. Snow - Informer

2. The Beatles - Od-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

3. Big Mountain - Baby I Love Your Way

4. Barbados - Typically Tropical

5. Mishka - One Tree

6. The Rolling Stones - Cherry Oh Baby

7. Judge Dread - Big Six

8. 10CC - Dreadlock Holiday

9. Matisyahu - King Without A Crown

10. Led Zeppelin - D'yer Mak'er
The track that ruined Houses Of The Holy; a reggae "tribute" as indigestible as the pun in it's title (D'yer Mak'er/Jamaica - do you see?)

*UB40 don't count. Sorry.
First of all, nothing ruins Houses Of The Holy, a great album all the way through. Second, I don't get the pun. :-/
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

lime1968

on the subject of mmj reggae, i would just like to say that the last 1:30 of I Will Sing You Songs is bliss
ups and downs, bigotry and open minds, there'll be days of peace, you'll always have the time

.Walt

Quotehow about d'yer mak'er by led zeppellin? and sublime too?  

UNCUT had this list too: 10 WORST White Reggae Songs*

1. Snow - Informer

2. The Beatles - Od-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

3. Big Mountain - Baby I Love Your Way

4. Barbados - Typically Tropical

5. Mishka - One Tree

6. The Rolling Stones - Cherry Oh Baby

7. Judge Dread - Big Six

8. 10CC - Dreadlock Holiday

9. Matisyahu - King Without A Crown

10. Led Zeppelin - D'yer Mak'er
The track that ruined Houses Of The Holy; a reggae "tribute" as indigestible as the pun in it's title (D'yer Mak'er/Jamaica - do you see?)

*UB40 don't count. Sorry.

snow? what could have been, what could have been...
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Deez

True, Sublime for sure, great call.  Them boys was funky.  Glad to see pWw made it...one of my top 5 mMj songs!  Anyone else ever wander around Bonnaroo a few years ago humming the Police, "Walkin on the Moon" on the hardened-muddy-jellowy-ground that moved when you walked on it?  Uhhh, I KNOW it was moving!
You had me worried!!!

TEO

QuoteNo love for Matisyahu?  :(

I got love! Have seen him 6-7 times, and plan on seeing him open for 311 (have never seen) this summer at White River State Park in INDY. It is a beautiful, grassy venue with a large hill and a great view of downtown.  08-06-07, really looking forward to 311 as I LOVE their smooth groove!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

ManNamedTruth

I got love! Have seen him 6-7 times, and plan on seeing him open for 311 (have never seen) this summer at White River State Park in INDY. It is a beautiful, grassy venue with a large hill and a great view of downtown.  08-06-07, really looking forward to 311 as I LOVE their smooth groove!
311 was my previous fave band so i'm glad to finally see some fans coming out of the woodwork here and there. 311 is awesome live, i've seen them just once. Have fun at the show!
I like Matisyahu too but i liked the live at stubbs album a lot more than anything elve i've heard.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

TEO

311 was my previous fave band so i'm glad to finally see some fans coming out of the woodwork here and there. 311 is awesome live, i've seen them just once. Have fun at the show!
I like Matisyahu too but i liked the live at stubbs album a lot more than anything elve i've heard.
I know what you mean. He has gone down a little, especially after the split with jdub records and joining up with sony. Also his performances are not always full tilt like MMJ! Last time I saw him at the Vogue in INDY I saw him do a couple of shots of vodka before taking the stage and there were no jumps, high stepping etc. Seemed to be pacing and resting himself for the upcoming Hammerstein Ballroom shows. MMJ puts themselves into every show I have seen like it may be their last.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary