Kings of Leon praise At Dawn

Started by mcarroll, Apr 13, 2007, 03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcarroll

In an interview that just went up on Jambase, Kings of Leon praise "At Dawn" and cite it as being very influential on their new album "Because of the Times."

http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=10326&disp=all

Chills

Cool!

Yet the best part of that article remained at the beginning

"Earlier today, I drank two Bloody Marys, ate half a dozen oysters and may have just had some of the best sex of my life. And I was wearing a condom! That shit is not fun, so I jumped in the shower afterwards and had a good, long cry."

;D

fitzcarraldo

DaFunkyPrecedent

too bad the new Kings of Leon is not that good.  Still a kick ass band though.
God damn those shaky knees.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotetoo bad the new Kings of Leon is not that good.  

Um...no.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

fitzcarraldo

BH

Last night on my way home from the Bird show I was listening to Charmer at ear bleed level and was feelin' pretty pretty good if you know what I mean and it sounded ohhh  sooo nice.    Give that a whurl DaFunk!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

Knocked Up + Mario Kart =  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

DaFunkyPrecedent

remember you dont have to like it just cause people tell you to like it.  no one can actually tell me that the King OL new album is better, more innovative, expanding, daring or exciting than the first one.  dont get me wrong, i like it, i listen to it, i love the band...but shit.  it's not thhhhhat good.  or am i missing something????

PS the song Arizona on the new album just may be my new fav song though.  

fitzcarraldo

I hear ya DFP, but I really, really love this record. I told me.  :D

It's all subjective. Yeah Arizona fucking ROCKS!!! So many good ones on this one.  :)

fitzcarraldo

Random - The other day i looked up Wild Boar Lasagna on google cuz I was going to a restaurant that raves about it here (curious about how it tastes). One of the top results steered me 2wards a hunting forum. Mofo's have like 13,000 posts. Whoa. Not knockin it, just sayin.

DaFunkyPrecedent

DaFunkyPrecedent

saw kings of leon at coachella...

they disappointed me...sad.  wish i saw andrew bird.  he played the same time.

bowl of soup

Good, just not as good.  I agree;  no "Milk" moment for me.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

juanverde

I've seen them (Kings of Leon) 3 times at smaller venues.... they WILL hand your arse to you if they are on.  They are much better live, than recorded.  That being said, they don't have the fury of a MMJ show.

.Walt

i was reading blender. they somewhat compared KOL to MMJ. it said something like this: KOL plays the role of the stones, while MMJ plays the role of the beatles. take it however you wanna...
Much Greater Than Science Fiction