Old September Blues Intro Question

Started by colquitt2870, Jul 23, 2007, 01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colquitt2870

Someone I spoke with recently is certain that the intro to Old September Blues (Chapter 1 and 2 Meter Sessies versions) is a cover of a song dating back to the 50's or 60's.  They don;t know which song or by which band but they were certain that it is a cover.  Any truth to this or is that particular instrumental intro just part of the song?
down with the Jacket since 9/13/03!

ManNamedTruth

QuoteSomeone I spoke with recently is certain that the intro to Old September Blues (Chapter 1 and 2 Meter Sessies versions) is a cover of a song dating back to the 50's or 60's.  They don;t know which song or by which band but they were certain that it is a cover.  Any truth to this or is that particular instrumental intro just part of the song?
The intro is deffinately from something but i'm not sure from what.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

CC

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jellyfish

Quoteit's a little bit of Sleep Walk

Wow!!!! I actually have that LP and I think it is somewhat valuable.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

TGMC421

Anyone have this version for download??  I LOVE SLEEPWALK!!

Fee71

They played it when Richie V. died at the end of La Bamba, as his brother cries over looking that hill. Does anyones else no what I am talking about??? ::)
"FOR ALL YOUR DAYS I WISH YOU BLINDNESS"

amybee

QuoteThey played it when Richie V. died at the end of La Bamba, as his brother cries over looking that hill. Does anyones else no what I am talking about??? ::)

YES!  That is how I reference the song because I just learned the title and artist from this thread.  NOT MY RITCHIE!   ;)  That scene is sooo sad.

It is also used in a modest mouse song...they acually sing something like "I'm sleepwalking..."