Okonokos vs. Acoustic Chorale

Started by The_DARK, Aug 08, 2007, 05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

Which do you find yourself watching more: Okonokos or Acoustic Chorale?

Rather than thinking of Acoustic Chorale as outtakes from Okonokos, I tend to consider it as a DVD with a completely different mood. Whereas Okonokos sounds absolutely huge, AC is a much different experience. Carl owns the slide, Patrick breaks out the shaker for Sooner, Two-tone provides a steady baseline on every song (particularly Where to Begin and Sooner), Bo provides masterful keyboards on Strangulation, and Jim sounds like he's coming to you from a solo show, while still rocking out on the omnichord for Sooner. Add that to the fact that it's only about a half-hour long, and I tend to watch it more than Okonokos.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Jellyfish

I like AC better too.....not that I don't love Okonokos.I think the songs on AC are incredible and even listen to the audio version a lot.Where to Begin still blows me away.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

ItsAllSticky

is ebay the only place you can find Acoustic Chorale?  I bid on a copy the other day but didn't win.   :'(

Yatz

I like AC better as well.  My biggest disappointment with Okonokos was that it didn't feel like it represented everything that the band can do in my eyes and ears.  AC combined with Okonokos is the whole band, not just one side or the other.  This band can do it all, and I hope that some day that one day they release a movie that captures the whole picture, the absolute awesomest band in the world.
[url="//www.myspace.com/travistalbert"]www.myspace.com/travistalbert[/url]

ManNamedTruth

QuoteI like AC better as well.  My biggest disappointment with Okonokos was that it didn't feel like it represented everything that the band can do in my eyes and ears.  AC combined with Okonokos is the whole band, not just one side or the other.  This band can do it all, and I hope that some day that one day they release a movie that captures the whole picture, the absolute awesomest band in the world.
I think its a great dvd as is. Whats with all the criticism lately? (Not just pointing my finger at you Yatz)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Fee71

Quoteis ebay the only place you can find Acoustic Chorale?  I bid on a copy the other day but didn't win.   :'(

NO, dont waste you time. I think someone might still have it on sendspace. just download it from there. It comes in individual song files so it totally easy. Here's the link. Thanks Kory for this...

http://savefile.com/projects/1041070

Sticky I just remember I had burnt you a copy of the mercury show and just never mailed it off. did you ever find a copy???

peace,

cody
"FOR ALL YOUR DAYS I WISH YOU BLINDNESS"

ChiefOKONO

Where to Begin kills me every time.  that was one HELL of a good time!!!

i need to watch those again!!!

markcel

Awhile ago someone posted a link to mp3 versions of the songs, any one recall where I might search to find this link.  Thanks much.

Yatz

I second the search for the mp3s please.
[url="//www.myspace.com/travistalbert"]www.myspace.com/travistalbert[/url]

MMJ_fanatic

I must confess too that the Chorale has more gravity for me (not that I do not love OKONOKOS--just a different love ya' know).  The feel is just so different and comfortable on that disc.  Putting a point on it is like trying to trap water under your fingertip.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

red

Ugh, I forgot how amazing AC is.  The part in "Bermuda Highway" with the camera angle behind the light up star thing just warms my heart.  

sweatboard

Time to watch Acoustic Chorale.  Yes the shot from behind the light up star, I know what you are talking about.  
There's Still Time.........

Willard1979

I love AC and Okonokos equally.  However, I find myself watching, or listening more to AC.  It all starts with Bermuda Highway...quite simply, one of the greatest songs ever created!!  There isn't a hint of filler on it!  I think it's time to watch AC and Okonokos, back-to-back!  ;D

ManNamedTruth

thay have acoustic chorale for pretty cheap (a lot cheaper than i paid, at least) on ebay now but with a couple days left. just a heads up to anyone who may not have it yet.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Enma

Quoteis ebay the only place you can find Acoustic Chorale?  I bid on a copy the other day but didn't win.   :'(

NO, dont waste you time. I think someone might still have it on sendspace. just download it from there. It comes in individual song files so it totally easy. Here's the link. Thanks Kory for this...

cody

I recently got the Okonokos DVD and it totally blew me away..I´ve watched more than 20 times maybe hehe..Im a newbie fan and I didnt know that there was an Acoustic Chorale dvd! so, this link just made my night  :), thanks a lot! It´d be great to get the dvd but I couldnt find it....neither in ebay... :o

BH

cody

I recently got the Okonokos DVD and it totally blew me away..I´ve watched more than 20 times maybe hehe..Im a newbie fan and I didnt know that there was an Acoustic Chorale dvd! so, this link just made my night  :), thanks a lot! It´d be great to get the dvd but I couldnt find it....neither in ebay... :o

Nice to meet you Enma!  Welcome!   Keep an eye out on ebay, there will be another one on there eventually, I promise.  Or my name is not BH.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Enma

QuoteNice to meet you Enma!  Welcome!   Keep an eye out on ebay, there will be another one on there eventually, I promise.  Or my name is not BH.

Oh..thanks for the welcome  ;), I´ll keep my eyes in there! meanwhile Im still enjoying the dvd  8-) ..

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

the_wizzard

Wowza!  Got mine off ebay for less than $20 just back in January!  There is something criminal about selling it for $100.........