This LONG silence means 1 thing. They've split up.

Started by fortbethel, Nov 26, 2007, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fortbethel

Sorry gang but I'm getting that vibe. Most bands give their fanbase updates on how the new record sessions r going but all we've heard 4 the past what 8 months is that Jim's making a cameo in that Dylan film. I love MMJ & don't want to offend but brace yourselves.  the silence is wierd.

red

Surely they didn't play the Bridge School Benefit only to impress Neil Young.  And what about those new song/songs - who needs 'em anyways?  

Yeah.  No.  

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

corey

There was no update during the recording of "Z" from what I remember. No big deal. Leave them be.

They deserve some downtime.

the_wizzard

QuoteThere was no update during the recording of "Z" from what I remember. No big deal. Leave them be.

Amen to downtime!  They are humans with family and wives and girlfriends and friends and pets, just like the rest of us.  Give them space for the creative process.  And the space to be human.  They deserve a life too.

They will pop up soon I am sure.  Remember, ACL was supposed to be the last gig of the year.  And then Bridge School and I'm Not There concerts presented themselves.  No doubt, once the new album comes out, they will hit the road.

fortbethel

QuoteThere was no update during the recording of "Z" from what I remember. No big deal. Leave them be.

Corey, u r right on mate. I didn't think about just taking a year off to do whatever. They do work their asses off when they tour. I'm just frustrated 4 a new MMJ fix. No offense folks.

buymycar

It's a good thing you're not a Tool fan...they take 4 years between records without updates.

tomEisenbraun

Or a Mars Volta fan, for that matter! I don't even know if they're still alive!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

dragonboy

QuoteSorry gang but I'm getting that vibe. Most bands give their fanbase updates on how the new record sessions r going but all we've heard 4 the past what 8 months is that Jim's making a cameo in that Dylan film. I love MMJ & don't want to offend but brace yourselves.  the silence is wierd.
Man, we get some fucking stupid threads/posts here sometimes  :-/ ::)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

kerri

If you were paying closer attention you'd know they are in the studio in New York right now working on the new album.

harpua51

QuoteSorry gang but I'm getting that vibe. Most bands give their fanbase updates on how the new record sessions r going but all we've heard 4 the past what 8 months is that Jim's making a cameo in that Dylan film. I love MMJ & don't want to offend but brace yourselves.  the silence is wierd.
Man, we get some fucking stupid threads/posts here sometimes  :-/ ::)

Amen

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

ellisintransit

QuoteOr a Mars Volta fan, for that matter! I don't even know if they're still alive!

You are speaking to me on this one.  My two favorite bands (MMJ and TMV) have been out of commission for a little while.  Although 2008 is looking beautiful....The Bedlam in Goliath will be out in January from the Volta, and I'm feeling some Jacket coming on too.  Woohoo!

Patience is a virtue that I grasp a little better with each MMJ hiatus.  Hehe.

megisnotreal

you're right. patrick has left the band to replace daryl hall. it is now hallihan and oates.

;)

cmccubbin@work

i hope you are attempting to make a joke 'cause this is the way very bad rumors start.
If you're lucky, MMJ will fill the void you didn't even know you ever had. If you're luckier, you'll get to see them live.

getinthevan

MMJ is broken up and Kiss is retired.  

Its hardly been 8 months.  They played ACL less than 3 months ago, Bridge School a month ago, and the I'm Not There show.  The band is featured in the fall issue of Magnet in which they say they've been recording a new album which is due in the Spring of 08.    
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

easy jim

QuoteMMJ is broken up and Kiss is retired.  

Its hardly been 8 months.  They played ACL less than 3 months ago, Bridge School a month ago, and the I'm Not There show.  The band is featured in the fall issue of Magnet in which they say they've been recording a new album which is due in the Spring of 08.    

Case closed.
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

Sleazy Rider

QuoteOr a Mars Volta fan, for that matter! I don't even know if they're still alive!

You are speaking to me on this one.  My two favorite bands (MMJ and TMV) have been out of commission for a little while.  Although 2008 is looking beautiful....The Bedlam in Goliath will be out in January from the Volta, and I'm feeling some Jacket coming on too.  Woohoo!

Patience is a virtue that I grasp a little better with each MMJ hiatus.  Hehe.

I Know this isn't the place to discuss this shit but I have to say, download their new single Wax Simulcara from itunes you won/t regret.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

pawpaw

The Mars Volta is playing the Bill Graham Civic (in SF)  on New Years Eve. We'll definitely see more of them in 2008...and I have no doubt that 2008 will be a monster year for My Morning Jacket.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

red

Quoteyou're right. patrick has left the band to replace daryl hall. it is now hallihan and oates.
Pure gold!   ;D