Main Menu

Reverb.

Started by courtlandfoster, Mar 19, 2008, 11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

courtlandfoster

I hope James doesn't leave the reverb behind on the new studio album. It was somewhat missing on "Z". Except for for a few tracks.

realdeal

QuoteI hope James doesn't leave the reverb behind on the new studio album. It was somewhat missing on "Z". Except for for a few tracks.

The reverb can take a back seat for awhile. Did you not get enough on first 3 albums?

aMD

QuoteI hope James doesn't leave the reverb behind on the new studio album. It was somewhat missing on "Z". Except for for a few tracks.

The reverb can take a back seat for awhile. Did you not get enough on first 3 albums?

I didn't.  

Whatever works is fine with me though.  I felt like last tour he turned the reverb down just to prove to doubters (possibly including himself) that his voice could still have power without reverb, as supposed to doing it because it sounded better that way.

realdeal

I didn't.  

Whatever works is fine with me though.  I felt like last tour he turned the reverb down just to prove to doubters (possibly including himself) that his voice could still have power without reverb, as supposed to doing because it sounded better that way.

Yeah, I think that Jim didn't want that stereotype hanging over him. I personally like to hear his voice without all those effects and such. Clean and clear is perfect.

EC

i have a hard time believing that anybody would change their sound in order to dissuade a stereotype.  i would think it had more to do with the producer and perhaps a desire to change things up, but i would imagine it was more of a choice for the betterment of the whole than an avoidance.

just my two cents.  and hey, two pennies don't mean nothing unless you believe in magic.

tomEisenbraun

Haha! This is definitely my favorite response of the week!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

courtlandfoster

Nope. I mean I don't have to have it to enjoy Jacket. Just love it.

Yatz

There is no such thing as too much reverb.
[url="//www.myspace.com/travistalbert"]www.myspace.com/travistalbert[/url]

aMD

I still believe that too.  I don't really understand what everyone has against it.

Kimbos_Evil_Bread

I still believe that too.  I don't really understand what everyone has against it.

Jim can really utilize reverb to accentuate instead of just support his voice.  Not everyone can use it the way he does, I'm all for the 'verb.

[url="http://eastuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com/"]http://eastuntiltomorrow.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://www.myspace.com/alanrobert"]http://www.myspace.com/alanrobert[/url]

EC

plus, i think it's worth noting that the reverb mmj uses is good reverb.  it's usually interestingly planned (ie in the grain bin), or they use special reverb units.  there's a lot of shit-ass, tin reverb in the world.

aMD

Quoteplus, i think it's worth noting that the reverb mmj uses is good reverb.  it's usually interestingly planned (ie in the grain bin), or they use special reverb units.  there's a lot of shit-ass, tin reverb in the world.

word.

vespachick

Quoteplus, i think it's worth noting that the reverb mmj uses is good reverb.  it's usually interestingly planned (ie in the grain bin), or they use special reverb units.  there's a lot of shit-ass, tin reverb in the world.

word.

Double plus Word word.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

dragonboy

My Dad's a big Elton John fan. I played him Jim's cover of Rocket Man & within seconds he said "Bloody 'ell he's got some reverb on that!"  ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

i never knew that elvis was an elton john fan.  that's really interesting and might explain certain wardrobe choices near the end.

speaking of peanut butter...