Copy Protection on Z, WTF

Started by rem5rem, Mar 23, 2008, 07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippitoes22

Thank you Tracy 2112 (assuming you're a Rush fan) for correcting my grammar. When ppl make mistakes with (their/there, your/you're), it drives me nuts too, and your correction kinda takes the wind outta my sarcastic sails. And I can appreciate ya bustin' my balls a little bit. HAZZAH! Well played, sir. I was just giving the guy a little shit. But being from Chicago, I live and breathe sarcasm. That being said, someone saying Jeff "vanilla, white bread, 2% milk, plain mayonnaise sandwich" Tweedy is their HERO (god I hope that's hyperbole) and He (Jeff Tweedy that is) refers to himself as "AN ARTIST", I think is HILARIOUS  :grin:

That being said
1)Uncle tupelo was/is way better than wilco was/or will ever be
2)Wilco's best material was created when Jay Bennett was in the band
3)Son Volt is better than Wilco
4)Jeff Tweedy is a dick, as a person and to his fans, who line up every year,early, in the bitter Chicago cold, hoping to be one of the first 20 ppl in line, to get to request songs that he refuses to play or makes fun of some loyal fan for picking that song, or makes fun of the song(if it's a cover) far superior to anything he's ever penned,  all the while talking about how he's so humble but bragging about how Martin has a "Jeff Tweedy" model!

Anyway...Hero? I haven't read anything about him running into a burning orphanage to save children (stay GOLDEN, Pony Boy)

And referring to ones self as an artist, especially coming mumbling out of his Vicodin filled mouth just makes him sound like a twat!

But that's just one guys opinion :) take it with a huge pinch of salt....
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

tippitoes22

I wanna talk about "Heat", NOW...
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 18, 2014, 02:09 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 18, 2014, 01:17 PM
My favorite post...

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 25, 2008, 12:45 PM
ooog! krispee get tenesee fire from momojak in cave next mountain for 5 wooly mammoth tusk! but it no sound in krispee cave! after bash momojak skull with rock, krispee see on cave wall:

Source:  SDB > momojak ear
Transfer: momojak ear > momojak hand > flint > wood shaving > stick > fire

krispee no understand! take wooly mammoth tusk back, leave stupid fire

I agree that's the overall winner
Too good sir
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 2112

Quote from: tippitoes22 on Mar 19, 2014, 10:10 PM
Thank you Tracy 2112(assuming you're a Rush fan) for correcting my grammar. When ppl make mistakes with (their/there, your/you're), it drives me nuts too, and your correction kinda takes the wind outta my sarcastic sails. And I can appreciate ya bustin' my balls a little bit. HAZZAH! Well played, sir. I was just giving the guy a little shit. But being from Chicago, I live and breathe sarcasm. That being said, someone saying Jeff "vanilla, white bread, 2% milk, plain mayonnaise sandwich" Tweedy is there HERO(god I hope that's hyperbole) and He (Jeff Tweedy that is) refers himself as "AN ARTIST", I think is HILARIOUS  :grin:

That being said
4)Jeff Tweedy is a dick, as a person and to his fans, who line up every year,early, in the bitter Chicago cold, hoping to be one of the first 20 ppl in line, to get to request songs that he refuses to play or makes fun of some loyal fan for picking that song, or makes fun of the song(if it's a cover) far superior to anything he's ever penned,  all the while talking about how he's so humble but bragging about how Martin has a "Jeff Tweedy" model!

Anyway...Hero? I haven't read anything about him running into a burning orphanage to save children (stay GOLDEN, Pony Boy)

And referring to ones self as an artist, especially coming mumbling out of his Vicodin filled mouth just makes him sound like a twat!

Jeff Tweedy writes lyrical circles around Jim James; sorry.

And WILCO is better than Uncle Tupelo. Uncle Tupelo had 1 good album. And WILCO is better than post 1998 Son Volt. Son Volt had 2 good albums.

WILCO has 613,337 Facebook likes

These aren't my opinions; these are just plain facts.

However, you are correct to say WILCO's best music happened when J. Bennett was there (even though A Ghost is Born ain't too shabby).
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

rincon2

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 20, 2014, 06:45 PM
Thank you Tracy 2112(assuming you're a Rush fan) for correcting my grammar. When ppl make mistakes with (their/there, your/you're), it drives me nuts too, and your correction kinda takes the wind outta my sarcastic sails. And I can appreciate ya bustin' my balls a little bit. HAZZAH! Well played, sir. I was just giving the guy a little shit. But being from Chicago, I live and breathe sarcasm. That being said, someone saying Jeff "vanilla, white bread, 2% milk, plain mayonnaise sandwich" Tweedy is there HERO(god I hope that's hyperbole) and He (Jeff Tweedy that is) refers himself as "AN ARTIST", I think is HILARIOUS  :grin:

That being said

And WILCO is better than Uncle Tupelo. Uncle Tupelo had 1 good album. And WILCO is better than post 1998 Son Volt. Son Volt had 2 good albums.

However, you are correct to say WILCO's best music happened when J. Bennett was there (even though A Ghost is Born ain't too shabby).
So now opinions and Facebook likes are facts?
"Jeff Tweedy writes lyrical circles around Jim James; sorry." What does that prove. Jim writes songs that make Tweedy's sound like the Ramones playing the same song 40 different ways. I am pretty sure Jim has established lyrics are his last priority, after overall sound. Would you rather listen to words, or rock out to Lay Low? I have absolutely no idea what that song is about, and it doesn't matter one bit to me.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: rincon2 on Mar 21, 2014, 12:03 PM

That being said

"Jeff Tweedy writes lyrical circles around Jim James; sorry." What does that prove. Jim writes songs that make Tweedy's sound like the Ramones playing the same song 40 different ways. I am pretty sure Jim has established lyrics are his last priority, after overall sound. Would you rather listen to words, or rock out to Lay Low? I have absolutely no idea what that song is about, and it doesn't matter one bit to me.

You either sound like the Ramones playing the same chords or you don't. There's no comparative analysis with any band that reduces the WILCO soundscapes to 3 chords; that's just silly. I have jammed out to WILCO shows, not as much as MMJ shows, I'll give you that, however, I was addressing tippitoes nonsense that Tweedy is a hack and then you jumped in with some silliness that WILCO having  613,337 Likes is my opinion.  :grin:

rincon2

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 21, 2014, 03:03 PM

That being said

You either sound like the Ramones playing the same chords or you don't. There's no comparative analysis with any band that reduces the WILCO soundscapes to 3 chords; that's just silly. I have jammed out to WILCO shows, not as much as MMJ shows, I'll give you that, however, I was addressing tippitoes nonsense that Tweedy is a hack and then you jumped in with some silliness that WILCO having  613,337 Likes is my opinion.  :grin:
Having trouble with reading comprehension? You made blanket opinion statements you say are facts. The Facebook reference means you think the more likes something gets, it proves it is better. I guess Miley Cyrus belongs in the RNR HOF. The Ramones analogy was an exaggeration. Yup, I think it is a reading comprehension problem on your part.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: rincon2 on Mar 21, 2014, 05:02 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 21, 2014, 03:03 PM

That being said

Having trouble with reading comprehension? You made blanket opinion statements you say are facts. The Facebook reference means you think the more likes something gets, it proves it is better. I guess Miley Cyrus belongs in the RNR HOF. The Ramones analogy was an exaggeration. Yup, I think it is a reading comprehension problem on your part.

Who said anything about Miley Cyrus? YOU are the one reading something into my WILCO Facebook stats. I simply stated how many followers they have, which is a fact.

Fully

rincon2

My apologies Tracy. I mixed up reading comprehension problems with inability to think abstractly.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: rincon2 on Mar 21, 2014, 06:47 PM
My apologies Tracy. I mixed up reading comprehension problems with inability to think abstractly.

np

Crispy

Wilco
613,420 likes

Miley Cyrus
45,088,780 likes

Ice Cream
21,940,641 likes

Creed
3,654,145 likes

New York Yankees
7,121,763 likes

Bud Light
7,301,255 likes

Salad
584,020 people likes

Sharon Van Etten
47,894 likes
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 21, 2014, 09:21 PM

Wilco
613,420 likes

Miley Cyrus
45,088,780 likes

Ice Cream
21,940,641 likes

Creed
3,654,145 likes

New York Yankees
7,121,763 likes

Bud Light
7,301,255 likes

Salad
584,020 people likes

Sharon Van Etten
47,894 likes

The Cartographers- 579 likes

the cartographers - take to the seas

Fully

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 22, 2014, 08:25 AM

Wilco
613,420 likes

Miley Cyrus
45,088,780 likes

Ice Cream
21,940,641 likes

Creed
3,654,145 likes

New York Yankees
7,121,763 likes

Bud Light
7,301,255 likes

Salad
584,020 people likes

Sharon Van Etten
47,894 likes

Cartography 13,842 likes

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Fully on Mar 22, 2014, 08:45 AM

Wilco
613,420 likes

Miley Cyrus
45,088,780 likes

Ice Cream
21,940,641 likes

Creed
3,654,145 likes

New York Yankees
7,121,763 likes

Bud Light
7,301,255 likes

Salad
584,020 people likes

Sharon Van Etten
47,894 likes

Cartography 13,842 likes

MAPCO 25,398 likes

Fully

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 22, 2014, 11:25 AM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 22, 2014, 08:45 AM

Wilco
613,420 likes

Miley Cyrus
45,088,780 likes

Ice Cream
21,940,641 likes

Creed